Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

by MRDJMMcR

Original Post

Re: washing machine insta cleans

Hero

@Selenahih 

It happens in my game too.  But it doesn't do it in all households, just some of them.  One way I have found that seems to work is to the stacked washer/dryer combo unit rather than the side by washer and dryer.  I haven't had it happen where I switched out the side by side machines and used the stacked unit.  Another thing I found that sometimes works, is to move the washer and dryer out a half tile from the wall but that doesn't always worked.

There is an open bug post on this issue here.  [OPEN] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes - Answer HQ (ea.com)

So please me too that post.

Hope this helps.

Message 301 of 388 (1,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

Huh, weird. I think I pretty much only used the stacked one. Maybe if I switch to a side-by-side one the problem will go away for me then? It happens to me in every household so it really gets super irritating especially since it's like the only function of the pack to wash clothes and I can't even do that half the time XD I mee too'd the post. I see that the laundry day pack has issues for a lot of people. I don't know if I can merge this with that post somehow but I'll read it through and try to find some solutions Standard smile Thank you for your reply!

Message 302 of 388 (988 Views)

Hero
@Selenahih I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 303 of 388 (981 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I only ever use the stacked machines and they bug out, so that isn't a workaround for me at least.

Message 304 of 388 (956 Views)

★ Novice

have this issue too but mine is that after I use the washer and move the clean clothes to the dryer or clothes line they become dirty in the 2-3 steps my sims take to unload everything.

Message 305 of 388 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Using the stacked unit I can move clothes from the washer to the dryer, but clothes are ‘already dry and clean’. There is no option to put clothes away from dryer.
What do you expect to see? Clothes being moved from the washer ‘clean and wet’ and being put into the dryer to be dried and able to put away after.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I pretty much only use the stacked dryers and I am always able to move dirty clothes from the hamper to the washing machine, wash it and then put it in the dryer, but I am only getting the option to unload & put laundry down and it becomes a pile on the floor.

It says the clothes are clean and dry, despite coming right out of the wash and into the dryer, and in pristine condition so i’m not sure why i can’t put the clothes away. Laundry at the moment is sort of broken in my game right now and unfortunately, it’s done this a few times before as well ://

Message 306 of 388 (789 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having this issue today for the first time ever and came here to look for a solution. It seems though there is no real solution yet, but the workaround that I just used worked. I put the washer and dryer into my household inventory and then placed them again. Still upgraded and now I can dry again.

Message 307 of 388 (741 Views)

I tried your solution and the washing machine still sticks with a message that there are clothes inside even when there are none. Did you add to the household inventory and traveled away and placed back when you came back or something like that or just added and pressed Ctrl+Z? Because I might try to add to the inventory, save the game and exit, as just adding and removing instantly doesn't solve the issue.

Message 308 of 388 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I put the washer and dryer in my household inventory with clothes still in them and all, and then put them back out. I definitely don't use ctrl-z and i don't travel and i don't save. Put them in there, then fish them back out manually put them back in a different spot and then move them where I want them, but I've no idea if that would change anything. When the appliances come back out the wash and dry options are available again. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.

Message 309 of 388 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought it was just my game doing that. Everything works perfectly fine until it's time to put the clothes away, then I only have the option to place on the floor or back into the machines Frown

Message 310 of 388 (566 Views)