Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [LDSP] Off-The-Grid: Wash Bin unable to be cleaned

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Wash Tub from laundry day out and do a few loads of laundry in it. The water gets dirty with time/multiple loads.
What happens when the bug occurs? In spite of the fact its a tub of water and there's no plumbing involved here, you can't change the water in the wash tub. Instead, you have to delete the object and buy a new one to get rid of stagnant water.
What do you expect to see? As it's, again, not plumbing and arguably you could "pour out" the water in the tub and refill it manually (wash tubs and boards aren't exactly the pinnacle of modern technology), I'd expect the option to change the water to be available in Off-the-Grid mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

While I suppose it's probably not a bug so much as an oversight, similar to a few of the candle/lantern options in lighting, I'd like to be able to have my sim do her laundry off the grid with the wash tub to fill out the experience some.  

Message 1 of 23 (5,371 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Off Grid Living: Lights not working although candles/oil lamps

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict James Turner tested this in a recent video and it did appear to be fixed. The sink was able to be cleaned and the water replaced from the wash tub.

https://youtu.be/5OpBGksQbmc?t=652

View in thread

Message 20 of 23 (5,403 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Off Grid Living: Can't clean dirty plumbing

★★★ Newbie

I had issues with the wash tub not being able to replace the water because "plumbing doesn't work off the grid" ITS A WASH TUB that's the point isn't it?

Message 2 of 23 (5,255 Views)

Hero
@clarkca15 Keeping the washtub separate for now.

I moved your post to the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 23 (5,251 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (5,215 Views)

Ole Timmy's Washtub can't change water Off The Grid, but can wash

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ole Timmy's Wash Tub in live mode on Off The Grid lots
What happens when the bug occurs? Ole Timmy's Wash Tub doesn't let you change the water because "plumbing doesn't work on the lot" when your lot is Off The Grid but the tub can still wash clothes
What do you expect to see? Ole Timmy's Wash Tub can have it's water changed on lots with the Off The Grid trait
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch with off the grid lot trait

There are sink + shower options that can function off the grid but currently no fully functional laundry. Ole Timmy's Wash Tub + the clothesline work but even though the tub can wash clothes, the water can never be changed. This may be intentional but it didn't seem to be so I thought I'd report it. It'd be nice to be able to do laundry while off the grid.

Message 5 of 23 (5,211 Views)

Re: Ole Timmy's Washtub can't change water Off The Grid, but can wash

★★★ Newbie
@katzali I've also noticed that ovens can apparently work off the grid, but when I try to cook with gas there's no available options because they require a fridge.
Message 6 of 23 (5,200 Views)

Re: Ole Timmy's Washtub can't change water Off The Grid, but can wash

Hero
@katzali Seems you still need a fridge to have something to eat unless you just want to live out of the cooler. I don't think that part is a bug cause of how the whole cooking process works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (5,194 Views)

Sims 4 [Bug] Washboard Tub

★★★ Newbie

The washboard tub is not functional on lots with the "off the grid" trait.  When trying to replace the water, a dialog box says this item requires plumbing to work.

Message 8 of 23 (5,017 Views)

Off the grid laundry

★★ Novice

So the issue I'm experiencing is the Ole Timmy's Wash Tub(laundry day pack), it works and allows you to wash clothes but it doesn't let you switch out the water. Either it should work or not at all. You can't just provide a halfway fix, I feel like if they can get a shower and a sink to work they should be able to switch the water in the tub. It doesn't seem fair to not be able to use that gameplay at all during off the grid, since you can hang clothes etc. Please fix so at least one washing option works without us having to constantly buy new items to keep our sims from getting negative moodlets,

Message 9 of 23 (4,923 Views)

Re: Off the grid laundry

Champion

@Jeanieus You make some good points that I think would be useful to share on the feedback/suggestions area. This way you could bring it to the attention of the community for adding endorsement and information and potentially increase the priority of the ideas for EA.: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 10 of 23 (4,905 Views)