Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [LDSP] Laundry machines quit working with clothes inside

Hero
Merged threads then.

Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 41 (2,053 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [LDSP] Laundry machines quit working with clothes inside

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Happened to me a few times. I have to sell the washing machine every time... it's basically unclickable. I have no mods and CC. I typically use additives and it's upgraded all the way.

Message 12 of 41 (2,030 Views)

No Washing Machine Detected

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a washing machine and a hamper. Then have a sim change clothes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The washing machine will not be detected when trying to wash laundry.
What do you expect to see? Washing machines to be detected when available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This latest patch (The patch that brought blurry screenshots).

I have a washer, dryer, and two hampers in the same room. All are against a wall and both the washer and dryer have items on them.

Message 13 of 41 (2,013 Views)

Re: No Washing Machine Detected

★★★ Novice

I was doing some re-arranging and apparently it was the curtains that were blocking the washing machine! One was in of the washing machine but to the side (If that makes any sense) and the other was on the same wall panel as the dryer.

Message 14 of 41 (1,969 Views)

Hero
Thanks for that info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 41 (1,958 Views)

★ Apprentice
Im a console user and I have had the same problem. If I put laundry in the machine before my SIM went to his job (detective career) and followed him to work. At end of his shift the the machine would have lights on as if still washing the load but no interaction options to remove and add to dryer and no option to add new laundry. 2 SIM days went by with not being able to use the machine. I had to go into build mode to replace. Then same thing happened following day. So I got my SIM to quit the detective career. (That career gave a separate bug where I can't interrogate suspect)
Message 16 of 41 (1,931 Views)

Hero

Hi @lavendarla165

could you please create a separate thread for console ?

As patches/packs are currently not in sync with the PC version, it's best to have separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 41 (1,922 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Would anyone be willing to send us your save files? We have not been able to reproduce this at our end. 

You can find instructions here

Thank you very much for your reports!

Happy Simming! :D

Message 18 of 41 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Unfortunately, we still have not been able to reproduce this. 

EDIT: If you see this issue without mods, and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 41 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I have encountered this all the time since I got Laundry Day stuff. You need to load the washing machine and then go on with ignoring it. After quite some time, the lights of the machine would still be on but you wont be able to remove the clothes. Do you still need save files? Thanks.

Message 20 of 41 (1,770 Views)