by Willowana

Original Post

[OPEN] [LDSP] No washing machine on lot although there is

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Gardens, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do a load of laundry.
What happens when the bug occurs? The washed laundry disappears and the washing machine acts as if full and finished washing. There is nothing to take out, but it won't allow more laundry to come in. The laundry continues to pile up throughout the house.
What do you expect to see? After purchasing a new washing machine, your sims loads one load of laundry, and sets it to wash, which it does. Once the laundry reaches its last spin, it disappears. The sims cannot move anything into the dryer, the washing machine's light stays on and neither the sims or I can add laundry to the washer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is only happening in one save so far. I will continue to trouble shoot and fix the issue myself, however it is the game itself causing the issue after removing mods, repairing the game and playing the save "vanilla".

Message 1 of 41 (8,206 Views)

Re: Laundry Disapears- Washing Machine Broken

Hero

What kind of mods were you using ? It's possible that a mod caused it and removing doesn't fix it.

Can you make it happen on a save that never saw a mod/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (8,105 Views)

Hero

Tagging @MrsCroweReal for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 41 (8,057 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did run the game vanilla in a new save with base game sims and I could not recreate the bug, and I was able to fix it. If it occurs again I will be able to tell what my cause it better.

Message 4 of 41 (8,045 Views)

Hero

Going to tag this as Needs INput then to see if someone else has run into this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 41 (8,040 Views)

[TO TEST] [LDSP] Laundry machines quit working with clothes inside

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Keep doing loads of laundry until it happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've had it happen with both the washer and dryer. The machine stops, the orange light is on, and the animation ends. It's not broken and there is no option to repair or call for a repairman. There's no option to take the clothes out, either. The only option when clicking on the machine is to upgrade it. My game was repaired after the 6/19 patch, and it's a new game save. This only began after the patch, and the only way I've found to fix the problem is delete the bugged machine and buy a new one. CC/mods was disabled at patch time, and hasn't been turned on.
What do you expect to see? Clean clothes?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/19

Message 6 of 41 (8,017 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Laundry Disapears- Washing Machine Broken

★★★★ Novice

I encountered this bug with the wash tub and laundry line too. The sim does the laundry as normal and hangs it on the line. Once it is hung on the line, it goes invisible. You can still see the water dripping from it and if you move the line in build mode, it will appear in a heap underneath with the options to put in the hamper or wash again.

I removed all cc before installing this patch and started a brand new game.

Message 7 of 41 (7,971 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [LDSP] Laundry machines quit working with clothes inside

Hero
Is your issue the same as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-LDSP-Laundry-Disapears-Washing-Machine-Broken/td-p... ?

@Willowana

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 41 (7,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

if it's about the breaking with the clothes inside, it's been happening before this patch.

(edit: i read OP's phrase as "it's broken" instead of "not broken"--apologies!)

Message 9 of 41 (7,975 Views)

★ Guide

It looks like the same bug, only I've never encountered it until now.

Message 10 of 41 (7,960 Views)