Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] No washing machine on lot although there is

by Theenaabeenaa

Original Post

Re: Still can't do laundry

Community Manager (retired)

I can see this is broken in a previously provided save, but in order for us to properly fix this I need to figure out how it broke. This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a save of right-before their washer broke? Alternatively, any save with a broken washer would be helpful too, I can compare it with the save I already have and try to identify similarities. Thanks so much for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 41 (2,115 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does it have to be from another player or can it be from me as well? If it's ok to be from the same player, I can probably provide another one for a different household.

Let me know hehe very eager to get thia fixed. 😁

Message 32 of 41 (2,082 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Ilyonym Yeah as long as it's a different household or different save file. Thank you so much for the help! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 33 of 41 (2,051 Views)

Washing Machine cannot be used

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This specific bug appears randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim walks up to a clearly visible Washing Machine, but is told No available Washing Machine. When this message appears, they are standing in front of a visible Washing Machine.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see sims able to use items I place in a house, without having to repeatedly reload the game, or rebuy the item
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

On two separate occasions, I have had sims walk up to and attempt to use a washing machine in the house, but a message appears saying No available Washing Machine.  The first time this happened, I was forced to delete and rebuy the Washing Machine.  The second time, a game restart resolved it.

6-22-2020_12-04-22_PM-424zcuyy.png

6-22-2020_12-03-57_PM-lpbbr0x1.png

Message 34 of 41 (1,781 Views)

Re: Washing Machine cannot be used

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape and Moshicino Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Laundry machines both cannot  be used even though you own them on your household lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims dump the clothing on the floor.
What do you expect to see? The sims need to do their laundry and move it to the dryer and actually have it cleaned in the laundry machines and dryer machines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.68.156.1020

ah, another bug that i had...this is one of two issues i had with laundry machines. This is the first one i had. Basically, even with upgraded ones, it acts like it does not recognize them on your property. Selling the current ones on your property and buying new ones solve this issue for me.

Message 35 of 41 (1,685 Views)

★ Guide

This usually happens when my sims are on a different floor from the washing machine. Going up/down to that floor usually fixes it for me.

Message 36 of 41 (1,511 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue, but only had it affect one household, when all of my households use laundry. The only difference to my other households, is that in this one I have a small wall-cupboard thing above the washer/dryer combo, and that I have a butler.

To temporarily fix it, I would sell the combo and buy a new one, and this would work for awhile before after a random wash I would only had the upgrade option again. Using the debug reset option would do nothing, I had to sell and rebuy it every time. I have no CC or mods and only a handful of packs (no Eco Lifestyle yet).

Not sure if the wall-cupboard is causing issues (have checked that all nearby furniture is placed without move objects) or if the butler has dibs on getting out the laundry and just isn't (having multiple issues with my butler that I have posted on another thread).

Happy to supply a save file if that would help!

Message 37 of 41 (1,481 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MrsCroweReal I've had this problem on Xbox Series S.
Message 38 of 41 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SummertimeQueen Same here. The workaround that I used was selling the laundry machines and repurchasing them from build/buy.
Message 39 of 41 (816 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [LDSP] Laundry machines quit working with clothes inside

★★★ Novice
@Willowana I have found this happens when my sim does a load of laundry and before she moves it to the dryer, the maid restarts the laundry in the washer. Then the light stays on, but there is no visible laundry in the machine. No mods, and I tried rebuilding the game through the EA app.
Message 40 of 41 (728 Views)