[BY DESIGN] [LDSP] No laundry interactions for 1 household only

by eferg91940

Original Post

Unable to Interact with some Laundry Hampers

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and the 3 free packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down any laundry hamper any where. Regardless if using bb.moveobjects on or not.
What happens when the bug occurs? Regardless of state, I am unable to interact with any in-game laundry hamper. I am able to to shift+left click and can reset them but that does nothing. So far the only way to fix this bug is by selling the laundry hamper thats bugged and buying a new one.
What do you expect to see? All laundry hampers intractable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Around the time Get Famous and its patch came in.

I have reset the objects, repaired the game, repaired Origin, had the same problem with or without mods, this also has happened on my PC and my Mac, both versions are up to date.

Message 11 of 16 (1,107 Views)

Re: Unable to Interact with some Laundry Hampers

★★ Apprentice
This issue crops up all the time. Please fix!
Message 12 of 16 (1,103 Views)

Laundry Day Stuff Pack Items Not Working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? university, get famous, pets, seasons, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, vintage stuff, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on any washer, dryer, or hamper in the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? laundry is broken. clothes don't go into hamper or on the ground when sims change. only option when I click on the washer or dryer is to upgrade.
What do you expect to see? options to move clothes to washer, wash and dry clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Laundry Day Stuff pack not working correctly. Only option when I click on the washer or dryer is to upgrade it. No clothes are going into the hamper or on the ground either. 

Message 13 of 16 (1,042 Views)

Re: No laundry interactions for 1 household only

★ Guide

I am having the same issue.  The house is in Island Paradise. This is a stackable unit.  I am not sure, if this occurs with the non stackable units.  The sim starts the laundry and then the laundry seams to finish (or not).  There is no visible laundry in the machine.  Then all interactions with laundry machine disappear.  I can't do laundry again. The only option that is visible is upgrade, but when I try to click on it it says that the machine is not available (as if laundry was in it).  Like I said no laundry is visible.  The machine becomes unusable and hamper gets filled. No interactions with hamper are available. The house fills with dirty laundry.  I have seen this complaint before and it said it is fixed. It is not.  I replaced the machine 3 times and after 1-2 washes it happens again. The only thing that fixes it is getting a new unit every wash.  I would hardly call that a solution. I do not use mods or cc.  This game is boring without them (it's vanilla pudding, perpetually happy, no story progression, glitchy snoozer.  That is a different complaint though), but I have to replace, disable or remove any mods any time something is not working, which is every time I play. 

Ps: I just saw your laundry list of glitches.  It is baffling how showering in the rain takes precedence over cancellation of assigned tasks (which my sims do all the time making this game nearly unplayable) and inappropriate sim action (pushups during weddings etc.) or simulation lag.  Sims 3 had an open neighborhood that created lag and crashing to desktop, but without open neighborhood this game  should work better, but instead beats it in glitches by a mile. 

Message 14 of 16 (841 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] No laundry interactions for 1 household only

★★★ Newbie

I've tried deleting and putting back the washing machine and dryer and that worked! try that.

Message 15 of 16 (493 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] No laundry interactions for 1 household only

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as the issue it was reporting was decided to be functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide.

Thanks!

EACade
Message 16 of 16 (623 Views)