Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [LDSP] No laundry interactions for 1 household only

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occurs randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? For just one of my households, there is no laundry hamper interaction and the only interaction that comes up with the washer/dryer is "Upgrade."
What do you expect to see? The options to add clothes to washing machine, search pockets, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue is only coming up with one household. All of my other households in the same save game have hampers and washers/dryers that are working normally. I've tried to sell and rebuy all of the hampers and washer and dryer, move the shelves from over the washer and dryer, repair the game, clear the cache, and do a factory reset. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. I also read that this issue was fixed with a patch a while ago but my game was working fine before the patch came out and didn't start until long after.

Message 1 of 16 (3,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] No laundry interactions for 1 household only

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as the issue it was reporting was decided to be functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide.

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (537 Views)

All Replies

Re: No laundry interactions for 1 household only

Hero
@eferg91940 What lot traits does the lot have ?

What happens if you place the same building on another lot, does it work there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,544 Views)

★★ Novice

The lot doesn’t have any traits. It’s the original Oakenstead house in Willow Creek.

Is there a way to move it to another lot to see if it works? I don’t have the building saved in my library or anything like that.

Message 3 of 16 (3,535 Views)

★★ Novice

Never mind on that question. I saved the lot to my library, placed it on a different lot, and moved the same family there but it still didn’t work. I also tried bulldozing the building on the original lot and replacing it with the one I saved to my library and that didn’t work either.

Message 4 of 16 (3,526 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@eferg91940 What's the name of the build in your gallery ? I'll check if I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (3,526 Views)

★★ Novice

Just “Oakenstead”

Thanks!

Message 6 of 16 (3,520 Views)

Hero
@eferg91940 Sorry, didn't have time to do this. I'll get back to you on Monday on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (3,478 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey there, don't worry about it! I played around with it some more and it weirdly started working again.

Thanks though!

Message 8 of 16 (3,396 Views)

★ Guide

Did your sim possibly do all the laundry for the current lot at the time? I’ve had this happening but i noticed my would change their clothes a couple of times either throughout the same day or after a couple of days and the laundry will start to build up in the baskets and then i can have them do laundry again.

Message 9 of 16 (3,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@eferg91940 Is it similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-LDSP-No-washing-machine-on-lot-although-there-is/t... ?

That seems pretty random. Wasn't sure so I wanted to test but it seems there's no end to the madness and I can't do testing atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (3,378 Views)