[FIXED] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★★★★ Apprentice
I just started having this bug today. Not sure what triggered it. I was having no issues with laundry, and had even been doing laundry on my current lot just fine. But suddenly I can no longer wash clothes.
Message 51 of 388 (2,111 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue as well.

World? Windenburg

Eco? No

Off-gird? No

Message 52 of 388 (2,066 Views)

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★ Guide

@turkeyyyleg  Please fill out the full formThumbs up

Message 53 of 388 (2,065 Views)

No "wash laundry" option

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you click on a laundry machine
What happens when the bug occurs? There isn't an option to Wash Laundry
What do you expect to see? A "Wash Laundry" Option
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help! so every time i click on a laundry machine there isnt a wash laundry option theres only a put in inventory option

Message 54 of 388 (2,011 Views)

Re: No "wash laundry" option

Hero
@PinkiPlayz101 Merged your post with the main thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 388 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product:The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time 
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except strangerville, Moschimo stuff pack, Spooky stuff, vintage stuff pack
Steps: Sim carries the laundry to machine- bag appears to glitch and be carried weirdly. Have a sim add laundry To machine and try to wash- no option to wash. Sim moves to dryer and no option to dry, only remove and set down. Laundry is set down in a dirty pile on the floor. 
What happens when the bug occurs?Sim carries laundry weirdly. Laundry cannot be washed or dried
What do you expect to see? Normal carrying of laundry, Ability to wash and dry laundry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After the latest patch and Nifty Knitting stuff pack
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 56 of 388 (1,936 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@LisaLadybirD82 This just started to happen to me in my game. No mods. The only "new" thing to happen is I bought and installed the Eco Living expansion and the Nifty Knitting pack.
Message 57 of 388 (1,894 Views)

★★ Guide

@Valnatron 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is.  Wink

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 58 of 388 (1,858 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product:  The Sims 4
Platform:  PC - Windows 10
Which language are you playing the game in?   English
How often does the bug occur?   All the time
What is your current game version number?  1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  I do NOT have Backyard and My First Pet installed.  I have everything else, including the free content
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs?  I click on the hamper and choose "Add to Washer."  My Sim places the clothes in the washer but when I click on the washer to choose "Wash" the option is not there.  The only option is "Unload and put down" and "Unload and move to dryer"  Hovering over the washer shows the clothes are Dry and Pristine.  Placing them in the dryer, I get the same thing; no option to dry and the cloths are "dry and pristine."   Taking them out and putting them down shows they are "dirty and dry"
What do you expect to see?  When placing dirty clothes in the washer, I expect to be able to wash them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?   None
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  This issues started to appear after I installed Eco Living, but has become a permanent aspect of my game since I installed Nifty Knitters.
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.   Eco Living adds eco-friendly and off the grid items.  Nifty Knitters turns everyone into my grandmother and that weird cousin we all have who insists she can make a living selling socks on Etsy.

Message 59 of 388 (1,823 Views)

Re: Laundry Day Stuff Pack Items Not Working

★★★ Guide

This is happening in two different saves. Once my sim upgrades the washing machine the option to wash clothes disappears. It only allows clothes to be unloaded and moved to the dryer, claiming clothes are pristine, but they are really filthy. This happened after either the Speed Cycle, Presoak or Tungsten Drum is upgraded. Because when I have the sim just upgrade and add the Laundry Additive tray the washing machine still washed clothes.

washing02.png

washing01.png

So, I had my sim hand wash the clothes in the washtub. After the clothes hung and dried they were then filthy.

washing03.png

Message 60 of 388 (1,774 Views)