Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Product: Sims 4
Platform: PC / Origin
Which language are you playing the game in?  English
How often does the bug occur? Random
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Star Wars and Snowy...
Steps: Attempt to interact with the washing machine - either by loading laundry or trying to wash laundry already in the machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? 

Either I can't do anything with the washing machine and get told I can't upgrade because it has laundry inside. Or I can put laundry in the machine and get every option other than wash it. Or I can't put laundry in the machine because it's "in use" even though I just emptied it. And quite often my laundry ends in a state where the dryer says it's dry, but it's wet if I take it out of the dryer.

What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to wash the laundry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? yes, but took them out and replaced the machines to verify the issue
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? unsure

I have every version of the laundry related bugs on this forum Sick just depends on which day I play how bad it is, but it's completely random.

And that's on top of the broken animations, floating laundry bags, hampers that keep triggering "filthy environment" after being emptied, and the game constantly failing to find the washing machine because the pathing system doesn't understand stairs.

- Which worlds are you trying ? Oasis Springs, Newcrest, San Myshuno
- Do you have Eco ? yes
- Do you play off-grid ? no

Four different households. Occult type don't seem to matter.

EDIT: put it into the form format

Message 112 of 388 (964 Views)

★★ Guide

@TheSteelRodent ,Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is.Wink

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 113 of 388 (961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Guys this has been either a bug or glitch when LDSP came out, saving and quiting and going off lot resets the washer and dryers, meaning the laudry is frozen at current state.  If washer and dry or stacked on top of each other with washer on bottom and the drier is empty when you save and return to the game later if the washer is running your find the wet cloth in the dryer, remove the wet cloth from the dryer to clean the washer machine, if that don't work take the machines and put them in your household inventory and save and put them back in the proper spot and they will function normally again.  Please Note: when using the washing bucket and clothline the weather and season could have a negative effect on your drying ability, or positive effect on your drying ability.  Sunny days cloth dry alot faster, especially in the extreme heat of the Summer.  Cloudy and cooler days slower the drying of cloth outside on clothlines.  Rain Snow and Thunderstorms stop cloth from drying on clothlines.  If though ever get stuck take them to your household inventory and save and put them back and they will work again.

Note:  You must put the washer and dryer in your household inventory to make them useable again after every patch and pack update and take them out again.

Message 114 of 388 (931 Views)

★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9  That certain doesn't work for me, but it might be a work around for some.

Doesn't solve the bug though...we gotta keep pushing....

Message 115 of 388 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has just started happening to me too - on PS4. Worked fine before but since yesterday I can’t wash dirty clothes. They show as clean in the washer and dirty outside.

Message 116 of 388 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've recently got this issue but with washing lines, they are unclickable which is a nightmare. My sims also cant wash clothes in the bucket thing.

Message 117 of 388 (869 Views)

★★ Guide

@matthew1112  & @helleray 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 118 of 388 (844 Views)

★ Guide
@LisaLadybirD82 I thought I was going crazy! This just started happening to my Sims family. I bought a new washer, dryer and hamper thinking the the current ones were bugged. I am constantly having to delete piles of clothes because I cannot wash or dry what is there. /sigh more bugs with this latest patch.
Message 119 of 388 (828 Views)

★★ Guide

@nualla_6109 , as you see, you're not alone. Just please make sure to fill in the formWink

Message 120 of 388 (827 Views)