by hamiltonlb

Original Post

Re: Dryer Won't Dry

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Now and then.
What is your current game version number? Latest patch, but it occured before that.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get famous, Island living, Outdoor retread, Jungle adventure, Cool kitchen, Movie hangout, Romantic garden, Kids room, Backyard, Vintage glamour, Laundry day, Holiday celebration
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? The laundry machine and/or tumble dryer don't work. Clicking on the laundry machine says only 'Can't upgrade while laundry is inside', but the machine looks completely empty inside and there is no option for the sim to take any laundry out of the machine. It is usually possible to unload the tumble dryer though if something is inside of that one, but not to dry the laundry. On one lot I had placed a board, with the moveobjects cheat, over the machines to make it look like a counter top and when I removed that board, the machines worked again. On another lot I have no such board placed over the machines but instead I have the Laundry Maid Deluxe Shelving placed on the wall above. Removing that shelving does not make any difference though, the machines still don't work. The hamper only has the Search pockets and Wash in tub options available, all other hamper options are greyed out. So on the lot I also have a wash tub, which works and the tumble dryer works on this lot, but not the laundry machine.
What do you expect to see? Laundry machines and tumble driers that work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't know exactly when this started but long before the latest patch.
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 101 of 388 (1,654 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★ Apprentice

Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in?  English
How often does the bug occur? 75% of the time. It doesn't always happen right away, but almost always happens eventually. 
What is your current game version number?  1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape and Eco
Steps: have a sim try to do laundry from the hamper to the washing machine or wash tub. Or try to click on the washer and it will say it's currently in use, when it's actually empty. 
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the hamper, add to washing machine is greyed out. When I try to click on the washer it says it's currently in use, but it's empty. This bug doesn't always happen on the first day I play, sometimes it starts after I've played a family a couple of times. But once it starts, there's nothing I can do to fix it. Replacing it with a new machine doesn't always help, and the few times it did, the bug quickly came back. 
What do you expect to see
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? If yes, please describe the patch or change you made. This bug has been around for months, the new patch for Snowy Escape didn't help but it triggered the bug to start in my current family (Willow Creek).

Almost every household I have, at least one sim has a Get To Work career. The only household that this bug hasn't started in is a household where no Sim has a Get To Work career. 

Message 102 of 388 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Xbox one
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? every time 100%
What is your current game version number? GP07:1.assets.live.gp07.121
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?eco, university, island living, get famous, seasons,cats and dogs, city living, realm of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, spooky, cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
have sim to wash and dry laundry
What happens when the bug occurs?
My sim puts dirty laundry from the haper into the washing machine with no option to wash only options are to add an additive or move laundry. When hovering ovetr the washer it says the laundry is pristine and dry. move laundry to dryer. Can't dry clothes no option to can only unload dryer and set down. When hovering over dryer it say clothes ae dirty and dry.

What do you expect to see?
clean and dry clothes from the washing machine and dryer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
console no never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
yes
after the 11/10 patch

Message 103 of 388 (1,583 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's literally so pathetic the laundry pack came out in 2018 and they still won't fix this freaking bug, or the issue with aliens faces warping when they age up. This sucks SO much for ps4 players like myself who don't have the luxury of using fan-made mods to fix the problems EA refuses to. Like the entire laundry mechanic is broken. Can y'all fix it or give me my money back because I bought this game under the assumption I'd be able to, y'know, do laundry, and I can't.

Message 104 of 388 (1,527 Views)

★★ Guide

@BeautyBot 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is.

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Message 105 of 388 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@LisaLadybirD82i should probably start filling that out too..i have this bug too..i fixed it by going into buy mode and selling the washer and dryer and it fixed it for me.

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in?  ENGLISH
How often does the bug occur? 100% usually
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape and Moshicino Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game and this happen. It took me awhile for the bug to appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can put laundry in the washer and dryer, but they do not clean for some reason. The butler can still do it though for some reason...
What do you expect to see?The laundry should wash and the sims should be able to use the laundry in the dryer and dry it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.68.156.1020

Message 106 of 388 (1,493 Views)

★★ Guide

It is indeed a quicktime fix...but it comes back Frown

Spoiler

Message 107 of 388 (1,481 Views)

★★ Pro
@LisaLadybirD82 To add to the weirdness, my sim kept dumping clothing pile from hamper on the floor instead of adding to washing machine. Evidently, the washing machine has to be to the left of the dryer, and then my sim would use it. (Washer and dryer are both upgraded.)
Message 108 of 388 (1,443 Views)

★★ Guide

@stjmk  Make sure it's in your report.
The more reports that are submitted, the more likely someone is to take a look at the problem Wink

Message 109 of 388 (1,417 Views)

★ Apprentice

This morning mine was fine. Tonight it’s not. I have all packs and my current family is in Brindleton Bay. No “wash” or “dry” option. And when I take clothes out of the dryer, they carry them off and they just disappear. But now everyone is wearing dirty clothes. The only thing I noticed that happened was some (eco) guy came buy saying my lot was dirty and he could help. 

Message 110 of 388 (1,371 Views)