Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

by LisaLadybirD82

Original Post

Re: Laundry not working after Sep 3 update

EA Sims Team

@LisaLadybirD82 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 71 of 388 (1,414 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★ Apprentice

Me too I have this bug....

I don't have mods.

My save: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiHAbcbBkB59jgS1f-St_QUGKgzv?e=hK6R4c

Message 72 of 388 (1,359 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★ Guide

@brubruQC1998 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is. Wink

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 73 of 388 (1,351 Views)

Can't wash or dry clothes anymore!

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have 14 overall.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I actually have several. The freelancer job isn't available anymore, doesn't matter what you do, it won't be completed. The second and most annoying bug, is that I can't wash or dry clothes anymore at all. I can only unload or fill the machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't wash any laundry, it's always dry and pristine, even when it's dirty.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to wash and dry clothes and also be able to do the freelancers gigs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi. Up until few days ago, I was able to wash and dry clothes as usual. Then I noticed it's no longer possible.

All I get is the option to unload and load the machine/dryer and all laundry appears as pristine and dry, 

and I can't to nothing about that.

That's really frustrating. I had a lot of issues in the past few days but this one is really annoying, especially since the dirty clothes are piling up..

Message 74 of 388 (1,337 Views)

Re: Can't wash or dry clothes anymore!

Hero
@jenoviiik Merged your thread with existing one:

There's also a thread for the freelancer career: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Freelancer-All-task-done-Gig-not-completed/td-p/82...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 388 (1,327 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Adding to those who said that they only noticed it certain worlds: I have a legacy family in Willow Creek, and with them, I never noticed any post Eco patch trouble with their laundry. It was properly washed and dried and then worn. But I recently started a new game with a Sim living in San Myshuno, and when I got her a laundry room, I discovered that she suddenly lost the ability to do her laundry. The first few days, she could? In the beginning I had forgotten to give her a laundry basket and had only changed clothes 2-3 times, and back then I was able to do it (even had a guest do it for me once.......), but at some point it bugged out. As the others say, the option completely disappears, leaving my Sim only able to move it to the dryer or move it out of the washer.

PS: Some time after the bug started occurring, I moved disk drives, and thus reinstalled the Sims 4 from Origin. All I transferred over was my original saves and tray files.

Message 76 of 388 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I play rotationally and I've noticed this bug in some households, but not others. As a work-around, deleting and replacing washers, dryers and hampers sometimes fixes the problem, but I've not had the time to go through my rotation and see if they still work upon returning to that household. 

Sometimes, just deleting the hamper works. 

One thing I've noticed is that the washers & dryers available on my community lots seem to be working. This involves putting the laundry pile into a Sim's Inventory and traveling to the community lot. To put laundry into a Sim's Inventory, cancel the put into washer/laundry tub action. Or chose a set down action instead of move to or put away.

Another thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned is that there is a "Set Laundry State" cheat. Enable Testing Cheats then shift click on the laundry pile. You can then set the "state" of the laundry pile. It also works on the finished folded laundry. Instead of putting it away, put it down and then shift click to set it to the desired state. 

Setting the Laundry State does not fix the washer/dryer/hamper problem or the washer/dryer/hamper not being useable because the laundry inside is in the wrong state, but it helps in some situations. Like if you want to take the laundry to another lot or setting it to clean/damp and hanging on the clothes line or folded laundry that's been set down from the dryer.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 8.22.13 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 8.21.55 PM.jpeg

Message 77 of 388 (1,302 Views)

★★ Guide

@DizzyDee-K  & @nat19th 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is.

Product:
Platform:
Steps: 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Message 78 of 388 (1,292 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just have this exact bug now after the last patch. 

Message 79 of 388 (1,275 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Then @dianed485  , please  fill in the form.

Product:
Platform:
Steps: 

Message 80 of 388 (1,256 Views)