Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [LDSP] Washer/Dryer: Can't wash/dry clothes

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except eco living, Strangerville and then Stuffpacks i HAVE are my 1st pets, toddlers, movie night, laundry, cool kitchen,vintage glamour, backyard stuff and spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim try to do laundry from the hamper to the washing machine or wash tub.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put dirty washing into the machine, there is no option to wash (Not even greyed out) but you have the options to unload and move... and unload and set down as the clothing is clean and dry. When you unload to washing line or set down, the clothing then shows as used and dry.
What do you expect to see? Washable filthy clothes and the ability to wash them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes after the 10th June 2020 "Eco" patch

Anyone else?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 388 (52,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

Hero

We have called in a repair service job, and they came by and made improvements to the washing machines and dryers to make them more reliable

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

Since this thread has gotten a bit messy over the years, it's possible that some instances of this issue still isn't fixed. If you have issues still, please create a new thread, describing in detail what you are seeing.

Also be aware that already bugged washer/dryers might not be fixed so just buy new ones if you still have the issue and see if it occurs again before reporting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 388 of 388 (6,557 Views)

All Replies

Laundry pack only works in basegame worlds

★★★★ Novice

I recently got the sims 4 laundry pack and noticed that its functionality wasn’t working in expansion pack worlds. The laundry hampers aren’t clickable, the washing machine only has the upgrade option and when a sim changed clothes no clothes went into the hamper.

When I noticed this I was in Del Sol Valley (get famous world), I then tested it in another played household in San Myshuno (city living world) which still didn’t work and finally I tested it in willow creek (base game world) and it worked perfectly. 
I’ve tried repair game option and replacing all items, but nothing seems to work.

Please help, otherwise it’s wasted money if I can only use it in two worlds.

Message 2 of 388 (52,347 Views)

Re: Can't wash clothes after latest patch

Hero
@LisaLadybirD82 Did you test several households or just one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 388 (52,371 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict you say several i tried 2
Message 4 of 388 (52,360 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Similar problem but other way round - they could wash it but couldn't use the dryer, because the option just wasn't there.. when hovering over "unload and set down" it said the washing was "clean and dry" but then it would be soaking wet if they put it on the floor. 

They also had constant negative moodlets for damp clothing, so for me, for the meantime, I have just removed the washer and dryer. 

(Which I don't like for 100 baby challenge clbecause it was a good one for their responsibility trait  Disappointed )

Message 5 of 388 (52,332 Views)

Hero
@EmiliaBraz I merged your thread with the bug report on laundry. Not sure what's going on

Question to everyone posting in

- Which worlds are you trying ?
- Do you have Eco ?
- Do you play off-grid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 388 (52,302 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict As per initial post, no Eco.
Not off-grid and 2 households are in Newcrest & Oasis Springs.
So, base game worlds.
Message 7 of 388 (52,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I actually managed to fix this in the end. I noticed it worked fine when I removed my save files and started fresh, so I deleted all of the cache files including the spotlight en-is and localthumbscache.package files, put the latest save file that I wanted to play back in and it seemed to fix it!

Message 8 of 388 (52,289 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Worlds? Tried in Newcrest

Eco? Yes I have Eco 

Off-grid? No 

Message 9 of 388 (52,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

what i mentioned, when i wash my sims clothes in the tub (off the grid) i have to repeat it two or three times (which is a huge amount of time) until they become clean. sometimes before i hang them to dry, the description says clean and as soon as they hang on the line they are markerd as 'used' again... is this normal?

Message 10 of 388 (52,258 Views)