Stacked washer/dryer

by tmmartin77

Original Post

Stacked washer/dryer

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything before and including Discover University.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the stacked washer and dryer.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you click on the dryer absolutely nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to work like the side by side washer and dryers do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 231 of 388 (742 Views)

Washer and dryer won't work

★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add laundry to the washer or dryer, click on the washer or dryer to start the machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the washer or dryer, there is no option to start either machine
What do you expect to see? The option to start the machine
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Some time after Dream Home Decorator came out

I have no pictures. I removed both the washer and dryer, as well as the laundry basket from my home so my sims no longer leave their clothes on the floor and no longer have the buffs for dirty laundry.

Message 232 of 388 (765 Views)

Re: Washer and dryer won't work

★★★ Novice

Same, the wash tub won't work either. The laundry pack is broken now from cottage living or whatever recent update.

Message 233 of 388 (759 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★ Novice

Platform: Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, Coll Kitchen, Vintage Glamour & Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let the sim change outfit and then try doing laundry. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothes stay dirty & the sims are annoyed because they're wearing dirty clothes
What do you expect to see? fresh clothes for my sims 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. But I also tried without mods and the same problem occurred. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? don't know

Message 234 of 388 (729 Views)

Re: Washer and dryer won't work

Message 235 of 388 (748 Views)

Sims 4 LAUNDRY DAY items not working

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When clicking on the Laundry Baskets but the laundry day pack it will not allow me to wash/dry clothes. It doesn't show any clothing is even dirty. It is as if the game pack doesn't exist and the Laundry day items are just for looks because they are not usable.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, It doesn't allow me to do anything. The laundry day items are usless.
What do you expect to see? When I click the laundry basket it should give me the option to put them into the washer. Also when my sims change clothes it should place them into the laundry basket. It doesn't do any of that at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help my Laundry day stuff don't work. its as if the pack doesn't exist,

Message 236 of 388 (698 Views)

Re: Sims 4 LAUNDRY DAY items not working

★★ Guide

@kristenflores230 For cleaner sims, laundry will go in the basket if you have the correct one. Dirtier and lazy sims, the clothes fall on the floor.

Is there laundry IN the basket?

Do you have a working washing machine or clean tub?

Message 237 of 388 (650 Views)

Laundry not working

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all packs EXCEPT Batuu, Moschino, Paranormal, and throwback kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs randomly, usually by the second or third in-game week in all save files. Just own a washer and dryer and use it at least once every other game day.
What happens when the bug occurs? The washer and dryer stop working. All of a sudden, the washer wont let you wash clothes and all clothes piles put in the dryer are labeled "clean and dry", but when taken out are labeled "clean and damp". The clothes pile cant be put away, only taken out and put back into the dryer. All new clothes piles can only be added to the clean and damp pile. IThis can be fixed by selling the washer and dryer and buying a new one. This is not ideal as it happens especially with upgraded washers and dryers. It would be preferable to not have to rebuy the washer and dryer and re-upgrade them. Even selling and re-buying the washer and dryer doesn't guarantee it wont happen again. In my most played save file, I have had to sell and rebuy the washer and dryer to "fix" them at least four times now.
What do you expect to see? To be able to wash and dry clothes and put them away, not be caught in an eternal loop of dampness and clothes piles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

sds

Message 238 of 388 (641 Views)

Re: Laundry not working

★★ Novice
Message 239 of 388 (634 Views)

Re: Laundry not working

Champion

So I have discovered in at least some of my saves it’s actually the clothes themselves that are bugged. Selling the washer and dryer resets them and allows me to put the next load in, but the new ones will “break” soon after, I think maybe when the clothes pile from the old set makes its way back in.

Because once I go into build/buy and use the hammer to delete the clothes instead of the appliances... everything starts running smoothly again, even if I don’t replace the washer & dryer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 240 of 388 (618 Views)