Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

by Akira_beatsdeath

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm confused as to why this isn't yet on the Laundry list which is honestly funny and sad given its laundry. It literally breaks the whole purpose of the pack. I have experienced this as well and have noticed sometimes replacing the washing machine works rarely. 

Message 201 of 388 (1,300 Views)

★★ Guide

Because not enough are reporting it as a bug yet, so it is not on the Dev's radar.
Could you please fill in the form & hit "Me Too" on the 1st post @Hoskins_Origin 

Message 202 of 388 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

(Not sure if I am doing this right; have never posted before.)

Product: Sims 4
Platform: Windows PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? About 80% of the time.
What is your current game version number? 5/27/2021 Update. PC: 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  All Expansions, All Game Packs sans Batu, Stuff Packs: Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day (ofc), First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting (which also doesn't work), Perfect Patio, and Toddler Stuff.
Steps: Click on laundry from either basket or floor and have sim take it to the washing machine. Click on washer, there is no option to wash. (On single unit washer. On stackables the washer works.) If managing to wash laundry, it will not dry in dryer. Clothes line works fine but you are just hanging up dirty clothes.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim either resets or they have no option to wash the laundry in the washer/ dry in dryer. The laundry changes "cleanliness states" as it is interacted with. Dirty at first, clean/dry as soon as placed in washer, and then when placed in either dryer or on floor changes back to dirty. However, the option to place on clothesline does work and then the sim can put the laundry away. (They end up wearing dirty, gross laundry, but it does make the laundry "poof" away after it is collected from the line.
What do you expect to see? My sim being able to wash clothes like the pack says. You know, a whole pack for washing clothes, I want to wash clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Maybe. Laundry fails to work, and then it works for about a week and then breaks again.
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made Definitely didn't have this problem in 2020 but I know other people have.

So, I have noticed many things with the laundry and much of this is a repeat from the bullets above, but there are some details here.

I do not have a problem with laundry if I wash it in a tub. I end up washing each load two to five times before it becomes clean. I have noticed that if I add additives to the tub, usually my clothes either get clean on the first wash or never get cleaned at which point I add a washing machine to the lot and throw the clothes in there, then add the cleaned clothes to the line. (Which my washing machines only work about 20% of the time I try to use them.) At which I can't do laundry at all.

For the washing machine, I have noticed differences in whether I am using the "stackable" washer/dryer combo, that of which breaks into if they are stacked or separated, and if I am using the "singles" (Found separately in Build/Buy).

So I'll start with the stacked "stackables" since I have done the least testing with these.

Listed are problems I have had but not always together or always replicable. Sometimes they stop and start if I sell off and rebuy, @ replace, or if I repair.

Firstly, when the pack is actually working, (that 20%), my Sims put the laundry in the washer, press wash, and as soon as they walk away, the wash and the dryer have broken, are leaking everywhere, and are shooting off sparks. Every single time that the pile of laundry is obtained after this mess, nothing can be done with it accept put in inventory or on floor. I resort to using cheats to delete this because nothing else can be done, it isn't even sellable. I could instead just have a pile of these broken objects hanging out at the corner of my lot stinking up my sims and my save file, but I choose to delete.

-For above, to obtain the laundry I would have either had my sim repair the dangerous machines, or if have pressed @ replace on the machines.

-If I sell the machines and buy new ones, I can grab new laundry, add it to the stacked washer (which is on the bottom) and the same problem will repeat where they both break  immediately on first use.

- I have tested this in all three Base Game Worlds and the one that came with Get Together. (Windenberg?)

- I have managed to get clean laundry by buying new stackable laundry machines and then doing a successful wash (again in Windenberg?) and when the sims put on new clothes for the day they get awful negative buffs that their clothes are dirty. Some of the sims in the household get the bug buff where they are constantly itchy (do they have bed bugs? Or did they get moths in their clothes? Which is a really cool feature I would love to see, but would make sense on the clothes line, not the dryer, and am aware that it would never be implemented). Or my sims will just get the dirty clothing buff where the UI says the sims should wash their laundry because they had no clean clothes. Gaah, I just spend a thousand Simoleans buying and selling machines, washed six loads, and you went to work dirty!!!!!!

Secondly, if the "stackable" washer/dryer are unstacked and sitting next to each other or on opposite sides of the room, they both work. Granted, I have only used these this way on one save file and one household in "idk, one of the Base game Worlds." (I have also not tested this world since early January of 2021 and this is just about the time I began to encounter this bug.)

Randomly, I noticed that other people were saying that they thought this might be a texture problem where the washer and dryer did not have the same palette color. I have played with sets of single and separate colors and my problems occur either way. It doesn't seem to make a difference, at least for me.

Thirdly, is the washer/dryer singles which are bought separately. These are personally the bane of my existence. They are soooo frustrating. I stopped using the stackables because of how broken they were and I can live with knowing that something will always be broken, but these singles aren't that way. They work (20%) or they don't (80%).

- When the sim is instructed to take laundry to the washing machine, either from a basket or from a pile on the floor, they do one of two things. (The laundry state is Dirty and Dry.)

They either:

- Grab the clothes and then reset, dropping the pile and teleporting slightly away.

-I have this problem more often when the sim needs to pick up multiple piles from around the lot. And 100% of the time they will reset if there are more piles than the washer can hold. I don't think the sim knows what to do there.

-They take the clothes to the washing machine correctly.

-When the washing machine is clicked there are four options, Upgrade, Unload and place on ground, Unload and place in dryer, or Unload and place on Clothesline. (I really like having both drying options so that I can have multiple loads going but I haven't been able to do that in a months now).

(The laundry state is Clean and Dry when clicked on after one of these options is completed.)

- When laundry is placed back in washer the laundry state is (Clean and Dry.) I think it should be noted when laundry is working correctly, unless left for over 24 sim hours, the laundry always says Pristine and Warm (even when using a wash tub and clothes line. This might just be me.

- The cycle of "pick up and place in this place for the laundry state to reset" is a never ending cycle that will never end. (Unless you stop telling your sim to do it, I guess.)

- What I have found is that after I place the laundry into the washer, if I place the laundry on the line(, the sim actually puts the clothes up, and then you can have them immediately take it back down and it "poofs" or gets put away. Or, I guess if you wanted to, you could place the folded laundry back on the floor. The sim does "fold" it and the laundry object changes states. It is still dirty and dry when you take it off the line (as it was never actually washed).

-Either the game will act like the laundry was cleaned (but just barely) giving the basic clean or used laundry puff,

- Or the sims will get the itchy, dirty laundry buffs. At this point, I am just spending 30 real time minutes to scream at my computer and then give my sims an overpowered buff that makes them miserable all the time. I guess it is reflective of my own attitude at the said moment, so, there it is, but I know the game is not supposed to work this way.

Oh! And after looking over other comments again, NPC sims can use the laundry no problem and it works every time. My sim hadn't washed laundry in days because it was glitching so bad (there were piles covering all the floor spaces) (Tons of Toddlers and 1 parent) and the NPC just came in and put a load in the washer and I was so thankful.

I really hope that some of this information is helpful in getting this bug fixed. For the people, like myself, that love laundry in the sims, it is essential to have this pack working to have a fun time in the sims.

Message 203 of 388 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

You know, I have so many packs where the main functionality just doesn't work, I don't even know why I expect any different, but we can try. I mean, the laundry list updates have even slowed down with the new pack and the advertised one. I just hope that this Laundry List wasn't just a way to placate people. That it is actually something good that the sims team can do for the game they have worked on for so long.

Message 204 of 388 (1,276 Views)

Unable to dry laundry

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Paranormal, Dream Home Decorator, and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do laundry
What happens when the bug occurs? Laundry in the dryer says it is warm and dry, but there is no option to unload and put away. When I unload and set down, the laundry is damp. Adding it back to the dryer does not give the option to dry it.
What do you expect to see? Dry laundry to be put away and damp laundry to be dryable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Resetting the washer and dryer did not help.

Message 205 of 388 (1,267 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here, although a year later. since a couple of weeks (March or something, not sure now) my Sims can't do laundry anymore. They just pile it up and then dump them on the floor.. In the washing machine and dryer there are no more options to wash it. So they get really dirty and Sims get angry (I deleted every laundry machine now of course)
Message 206 of 388 (1,180 Views)

★★ Guide

@mokiekie if you sure it is a bug and not a trait, Please, fill in the form and hit "me too" on the 1st post

Message 207 of 388 (1,166 Views)

★ Guide

i have this issue too, usually it happens after the dryer get burned. The only way too fix this is delete the old laundry/dryer and buy the new one

Message 208 of 388 (1,099 Views)

★★ Guide
@Palgoons Please could you fill in the form.
Message 209 of 388 (1,086 Views)

★★ Novice

Soo glad that you posted this. I even removed my Mods to see if it helped and I still can’t wash clothes. I found that if you delete the washer and place a new one it lets you like one time and then it’s glitches again. This needs to be fixed or we should get a refund! The whole part of the pack is to do LAUNDRY and it won’t even let us do it. 

Message 210 of 388 (1,051 Views)