Re: Sims 4 Laundry pack

by Tammathah

Original Post

Re: Put away clean laundry

★★★★★ Guide

I'm having a lot of trouble with laundry lately. Sometimes all I can do is put the laundry into the washer and then put it into the dryer or put down. I can't usually even wash my laundry anymore. Console gamer. Latest patch (Feb 25/21)

Message 171 of 388 (789 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bearpal64 I too, seem to be having problems with Laundry. It was addressed in another patch but seems to have broken since. My sims sometimes can't even do laundry cuz it says laundry machine not available when there's one in lot. It seems to be as soon as I've upgraded the machine...
Message 172 of 388 (776 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't wash/dry clothes

★★★★ Novice

Here's my issue with laundry. At some point, usually after upgrades, the game will say there aren't any machines available or the laundry will keep coming out dirty or even worse, say it's clean but once you picked it up it's dirty again. Deleting machines and replacing or moving them around them usually works but that kind of beats the whole point of it. it happens in every save, in every town, on every lot.

Message 173 of 388 (942 Views)

★★ Guide

@Tammathah 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is Embarrassed

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made
Message 174 of 388 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? a lot
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: do laundry, upgrade machine
What happens when the bug occurs? At some point, usually after upgrades, the game will say there aren't any machines available or the laundry will keep coming out dirty or even worse, say it's clean but once you picked it up it's dirty again. Deleting machines and replacing or moving them around them usually works but that kind of beats the whole point of it. it happens in every save, in every town, on every lot.
What do you expect to see? that it doesn't break every five minutes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? nope
Message 175 of 388 (930 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 There's a more general thread for washing/drying cloth here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-LDSP-Can-t-wash-dry-clothes/td-p/9206976/jump-to/first-un...

Best to use that thread if you play on an unmodded game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 176 of 388 (776 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The issue is still there. It's a shame that such an old bug hasn't been fixed yet (it's been almost a year). Basically, I don't have the options to wash/dry the laundry. Selling and buying new appliances seems to fix it but only for a short period of time. The bug reappears again at some point.
Message 177 of 388 (958 Views)

★★ Guide

@ImKersha 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post.

Every form filled, shows the developers how important the bug is Wondering

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Message 178 of 388 (950 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim try to wash/dry clothing after a few sim-days of playing - not on the first day of playing, as the bug occurs at some point.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put dirty clothing in the waching machine, there is no option to wash it (not even greyed out), but there are options to unload and move the laundry. Same goes for the dryer.
What do you expect to see? The ability to wash dirty clothing/dry clean clothing using the waching machine/dryer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've disabled them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the "eco" patch back in June 2020.

Message 179 of 388 (936 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have been having trouble and came to find an answer but saw the form so here I go...

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Just began today but no luck fixing yet
What is your current game version number? 2.9.1.01
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs except for Eco, Star Wars, paranormal, knitting and all kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?I wash clothes, move to dryer and no option to dry clothes, just 'unload and set down' (which it says is clean, dry and warm) and upgrade. I set down and it is a wet mess.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dryer only has option to 'unload and set down' (which it says is clean, dry and warm) and upgrade. I set down and it is a wet mess.
What do you expect to see? the option to dry clothes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No CC ever
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No was working but the dryer stopped working and I repaired and worked the first time after fixing but hasn't worked since
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 180 of 388 (853 Views)