by Alexmeteor

Original Post

[PS4] [LDSP] Animation to put laundry in washing machine is glitched

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry glitches into sims body when doing laundry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do laundry
What happens when the bug occurs? Laundry glitches into the sims lower body
What do you expect to see? Sim holding the laundry like supposed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When my sim does laundry the laundry glitches inside their body and wiggles as they walk

Message 61 of 88 (1,525 Views)

Re: Laundry day glitch

Hero
@GuQid This is a known bug.

PC Thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-LDSP-Animation-to-put-laundry-in-washing-machine...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 88 (1,484 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Animation to put laundry in washing machine is glitched

★ Guide

The glitch is still happening. I'm on PS4. 

Message 63 of 88 (1,371 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LDSP] Animation to put laundry in washing machine is glitched

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SergeSim After yesterday's Hot Fix patch for Eco Lifestyle, this bug has been fixed in my game Standard smile
Message 64 of 88 (1,329 Views)

Hero
@SimCarlex Might be a coincidence. Always been a bit random

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 88 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I also have this glitch, but I just deleted the localthumbnailcache file. I will see if it helps, as it resolved this issue before the latest patch for me, and after the patch they started to do it again.

Message 66 of 88 (1,263 Views)

Laundry Bug!

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Cats & Dogs, Vampires, The Pets Stuff, Moschino and Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doing laundry.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will still appear to be holding the bag in their hand but the bag is sideways in the back of the sim
What do you expect to see? The laundry bag in the sim hand correctly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This happens quite often. I noticed this months after the laundry pack. It then went away, maybe after a patch. Then return and went away again. I noticed it again right before Eco Lifestyle launched.

Message 67 of 88 (1,246 Views)

Re: Laundry Bug!

★ Guide

yeah, still happening.

Message 68 of 88 (1,208 Views)

★ Pro

It looks like a never ending bug. I have it too ever since the pack came out. I‘ve also noticed that it matters of what kind of hamper is used and if your Sim is left or right hand. Since the latest patch my expensive hamper is not working at all. Meaning no clothing inside when a Sim change outfits. Replacing it with a cheaper version works. 

Message 69 of 88 (1,183 Views)

★★ Pro

It doesn't really seem to have to do with left- or right-handedness. (I'm using a bug testing family so can't add mods to reveal hidden traits) It seems totally random: sometimes they pick the laundry with their right, sometimes with their left hand. Also because it is somehow totally random, it didn't matter which laundry basket I was using. I tried this with a test sim household and it would occur often but not every single time and I tried changing the basket for the cheapest one but it _still_ occurred. Also for me too not every single time laundry was added to a basket when someone changed clothes but I've been thinking that it might be a feature, not sure though.

Additional information to the bug reports: it looks like the laundry bag object is just attached to the opposite hand in the glitched animation. The bag moves along with the hand that is not carrying the bag so it's moving in and out of the sim while the hand swings during walking animation. I guess the putting laundry into washer animation is always the same(??) since I think that one is always fine and if the carrying animation was glitched, the bag glitches from the wrong hand to the one putting laundry inside.

Another small thing but probably not worth giving it a bug report: if you start washing laundry but immediately cancel the interaction and then take the still dirty and dry laundry out (I did this when testing the laundry carrying glitch) the sim might get that "Warm laundry" playful moodlet. But this is such a fringe case that I'm willing to overlook that and kindly ask devs to fix some more important bugs. :D I hope all agree :---D

Message 70 of 88 (991 Views)