by 247Mitzy

Original Post

[OPEN] [LCK] Kids legs clip with Swingset

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 188.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Paranormal Stuff and Menswear Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the new swing from the Little Campers Kit and let a kid swing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The kids legs clip into the swing like in the picture shown. Sorry, I don't know how to describe it better in english but the picture explains it all. XD
What do you expect to see? I would like to see the kids legs to not clip while swinging just like with the other swingsets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

26.05.22_22-46-16.jpg

26.05.22_22-46-38.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,498 Views)

Re: Kids legs clip with Swingset from Little Campers Kit

★ Guide

Hmmm, has this occurred after the latest patch (26/5/22) to fixed the previous patch (23/5/22). And, is the the only glitch you have found? If the answer to both is yes, then it's more than likely a glitch in the kit. If that is the case, the best we can hope for is a fix later on down the track. In the mean time, just to rule out anything else, could you please post a DXDiag and your system specs here and a helper will drop in and check it out for you. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you @taffster74 for your reply. Standard smile

Do you mean if I have more glitches with the campers kit? No, not that I'm aware of. Standard smile 

I have now updated my game to the latest update (26/5/22) and started a brand new Sims 4 folder just to see if the clipping is still there. And yes, sadly it is present. You have to watch the kid carefully. The legs only glitch into the swing everytime when the kid swings back, just like in the pictures above. If you pause while it's swinging back, you can notice it better. 

In the german forums other people have noticed the glitch, too. I think it is caused by the design of the new swings.The seats are a bit wider than all the other swingseats, so the legs of kids clip with them when they move. Maybe the Sims-Team playtested the swings only with adults. They also glitch into the seat, but it is not that noticeable like with the kids. I have attached a pic with an adult swinging and his legs glitch a little bit into the seat, but thats ok. Again you can see the kid beside the adult, where the legs glitch more into the seat.

My System specs are:

Microsoft Windows 10, x64 System

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 MHz

8.00 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX960

I wish you a lovely sunday. 

29.05.22_14-03-15.jpg

Message 3 of 8 (1,381 Views)

Champion

@MissLjupka 

Hello!  I'm seeing this too.  It looks like it's just a matter of the seat being larger than those of the previous swing sets.  Perhaps the devs could just scoot the placement of where sims sit just a bit more forward on the seat?  You can see a small amount of the clipping in the others as well but the seats are much smaller.

Campers swing...
SwingLegClipping1.png

Seasons swing...
SwingLegClipping2.png

Island Living swing...
SwingLegClipping3.png

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 8 (1,355 Views)

★ Guide

In that case, they should adjust the mesh because this should not be experienced with an official game asset.

Message 5 of 8 (1,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@83bienchen wrote:

In that case, they should adjust the mesh because this should not be experienced with an official game asset.

Yes, I think so too! I was very disappointed, when I saw this glitch...it reminds me more of an CC remesh than an official Sims 4 Pack object.

I really hope this gets fixed! 

Thank you, @JonaO703 for testing it in your game! Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,291 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LCK] Kids legs clip with Swingset

★ Guide

Getting the same thing and have since I downloaded it the week after the pack released. It’s definitely an issue of the mesh being larger than previous versions so the animation doesn’t fit with it. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,163 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LCK] Kids legs clip with Swingset

★★★★★ Pro

Hi, I think QA made some changes to the animation and the clipping is signicantly reduced compared to previously and now the clipping aligns far more with the seasons one. More work could be done but it feels not as bad.

Message 8 of 8 (664 Views)