by CIaritea

Original Post

[OPEN] [LAST EXCEPTION] AttributeError: 'SimInfoBaseWrapper'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Other than the test save I attached, not sure because I don't know what exactly is causing it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Surprisingly nothing other than a lastException error. Unknown if there are repercussions for continued play.
What do you expect to see? No errors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since patching the game to 1.58.63.1010.

[CM - Removed duplicate bug report form]

Since the November patch, I am constantly getting this lastException error which doesn't appear to have any triggers. The game throws the error out at random times regardless of what my sim is doing even without mods or MCCC, so there is no way for me to tell what is triggering it. I have seeked help on MCCC's channel and I still wasn't able to identify the cause other than the line: Exception while notifying customer in sim spawner service (AttributeError: 'SimInfoBaseWrapper' object has no attribute 'occult_tracker')

After extensive testing, I've created a scenario where the lastException should generate within a sim day.

Attached is the lastexception.txt file along with a test save in the links below.

lastException: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KTmXV3kC74HgTJEEDPq9ZA0Pz01xHhG1

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eN3VrOHUtgeMfdLaDTJIW_7yJqmYtraO

Message 1 of 41 (12,522 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [LAST EXCEPTION] AttributeError: 'SimInfoBaseWrapper'

Hero
@Rorolina Just wanted to thank you for your detailed report and the save game. Perfect example on what a bug report should look like.

I was able to duplicate the error within a day as you said.

I also don't know what's really causing it but I'll forward.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (12,435 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have gotten the same error at least once.

I will post the LE and a save file as well.

LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HWUF4VPIPlpbw0FDB9iRc8FzHCXg9Md/view?usp=sharing

Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vri06gcg5t-qx_gJtcHkQMG_IRHll6nn

Message 3 of 41 (12,304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have gotten this too!

Message 4 of 41 (12,175 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LAST EXCEPTION] AttributeError: 'SimInfoBaseWrapper'

★★★ Apprentice

I've also received this error. 

This error in my game is only caused when a mannequin is placed on a retail lot. (Not on the pre-existing ones)

I've spoken with someone within the Deaderpool Server and they said it was because of a typo. 

I'm on Mac, not Pc  

Last Expectation: LE 

Save File:Save 

Message 5 of 41 (12,115 Views)

★★ Novice

I also had this Error Report.
The report happens when my sims "changed" outfits (but the clothes still stay the same) and head to work . Once he's "gone" into the work rabbit hole, the error pops up. BetterException says sth about occult??? while none of the sims I'm playing are any of those occults (thou... my sim did use the upgraded Observatory right before this happened, which is a known method to get abducted...)

Message 6 of 41 (11,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown. Happens randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing other than the error popping up.
What do you expect to see? No errors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I had them on for a while but had them out for a while to test which still happened so I put my mods back in.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I've noticed
Please describe the patch or change you made. N/A

@Rorolina wrote:

"Since the November patch, I am constantly getting this lastException error which doesn't appear to have any triggers. The game throws the error out at random times regardless of what my sim is doing even without mods or MCCC, so there is no way for me to tell what is triggering it. I have seeked help on MCCC's channel and I still wasn't able to identify the cause other than the line: Exception while notifying customer in sim spawner service (AttributeError: 'SimInfoBaseWrapper' object has no attribute 'occult_tracker')".

What I highlighted on OP's post is exactly what I'm getting in the error.

I get it randomly when I first load my save file, other times it's when I've been playing for a while and just randomly pops up. Nothing happens really, and I don't play occults on this save file so I have no idea if something does occur of it. But does it have to do with possibly the stores employees in the Magical Realm world?

Last Exception: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uEQuX97jqrsqnCEpaZEUiaftKgwQP9ip

Save File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DUCeuRZv4DZYsLzvzZ66dENjKiciUVj0

Message 7 of 41 (11,856 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just got this error and my sim was reading a Logic book while the other was working at the robotics station (in their apartment). Both are human...

Message 8 of 41 (11,757 Views)

★ Novice
@SweetVeggieAmai i think i have the same similar error please help
Message 9 of 41 (11,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So this pops up for me occasionally when my sims change outfits. When it pops up, their outfits don't change even though they are doing the animation to change outfits. So far, It only happens with two of my sims from different households. My other households don't have this problem at the moment.

Temporary fix:

1. Evicting the household with the glitch then moving them back to the furnished home. 50/50 chance of this working. 
     - OR -
  2. Switching to playing another household for a few seconds and seeing if that household switches outfits successfully without glitching/errors. Once I see that they change outfits without problems, I go back to the previous household I was getting the error, change a sim's outfit successfully. This usually works, but the problem comes back after a few hours (human hours not sim hours).

Message 10 of 41 (11,302 Views)