Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [KNSP] Sims can't resume knitting

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs minus University Life GPs - Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your sim to knit via clicking on furniture or the knitting object in Sim's inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? Rather than go to knit like before the sim will stand around. It appears that this can affect Sims doing other things too such as bathing, cleaning up. They sometimes show that something is in their way despite said item being at the opposite end of the lot. If they do go to knit, they'll go sit at the pool no matter the weather not the couch, for example, which was selected.
What do you expect to see? Sims will sit down to knit somewhere as they would before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After updating to the latest patch before the Star Wars GP's release my Sims will no longer knit.

I can't really use the knitting objects the way I used to and it can get frustrating after a while as all my other Sims seem to get stuck doing their actions until I cancel the knitting interaction on the Sim. This is the complete opposite of when Sims used to drop everything to knit and it gets frustrating after a while.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 59 (23,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Will Not Knit When Told To

Hero

Sims can resume Knitting after being interrupted while Knitting.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 59 of 59 (14,916 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

This happens for me when I want them to resume a knitting project, but not when I ask them to start a new knitting project. Is that the same for you?

Message 2 of 59 (23,198 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've got the same problem. I have to finish a project in one sitting, otherwise the sim will indicate that something is in her way. 

Message 3 of 59 (23,189 Views)

Hero
@Sherlock_H101 Do you get it on a new knitting project as well or generally ?

If it's generally, could you test without mods.

I can duplicate the resume knitting but new project is fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 59 (23,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I was able to get my Sim to start a new project after I’d repaired the game and thought I’d fixed the problem but I was wrong. I can start a new project just fine but if I go to continue it later on I’m unable to do that and my Sim just stands around idly. 

I’ve tried by removing the mods from my game and then also repaired it afterwards but my Sim is unable to complete resumed projects but is fine to start new ones. Also, the few mods which I do use are for the very latest game patch but with and without them Sims won’t resume knitting projects. 

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 5 of 59 (23,159 Views)

★★ Guide

Ok, I tried some more things and this is what happens exactly:

• Starting a new knitting project and knitting it in one sitting: works fine
  • Resuming a knitting project: doesn't work
  • Starting a new knitting project while still having an old project "open" that can be resumed: doesn't work

It seems that whenever you have a knitting project half finished you can't either resume that project or start a new one. You will have to frog all "open" knitting projects before you can start a new one.

Message 6 of 59 (23,120 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

me too, I thought it was just me! 

Message 7 of 59 (23,106 Views)

★★ Guide

I think I found a workaround:

If the Sim is already sitting on a double bed or on the toilet, you can trigger resume knitting project without them getting a routing error.

Message 8 of 59 (23,020 Views)

Hero
@lady8jane Cause that's where knitting is most important.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 59 (22,957 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [KNSP] Sims can't knit if they have unfinished projects

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having the issue of not being able to resume knitting when standing, but I found a simple work around... the sim needs to be sitting where you want them to be knitting first. If I go to a couch and chair, choose "sit", and then once seated choose to resume a project, I don't get the error. It's an annoying extra step to remember to sit down first but it hasn't failed me yet on multiple chairs, sofas, and beds.

Message 10 of 59 (22,909 Views)