[OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

by wobibobi

Original Post

Re: Sim teleporting around

Champion

My Sim is flickering while cooking too. I don't know if it's linked to the same issue.

She'll start cooking then flicker, go into a T pose and then go back to cooking. Sometimes as she flickers away, the mixing bowl appears back in her hand even though she's already put it in the oven. It's worse while canning as she puts the jar down, picks it up, flickers back to the stove and starts cooking the same thing again, doubling her task. There is a lag while canning too which is already reported on the appropriate thread so it may be cooking/canning related but I'm adding the flickering to this thread too for info just for a possible link to other flickering issues. I'm on Xbox series S and this has happened in various worlds, not just cottage living world.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 171 of 182 (1,456 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too. It also glitches my toddlers somewhere else when I try and take a picture of them 

Message 172 of 182 (1,403 Views)

Champion

This seems to be getting worse. I've got a poodle flickering and teleporting on his walk. I have reported issues with The Ward Den in Del Sol Valley so it may be part of the same thing, I've got Sims walking through solid objects as if they are not there and reported it on the appropriate thread.

The Sims are also teleporting around a bit but walking the poodle looks ridiculous, he keeps disappearing and reappearing on top of the raised wall and grass above the pavement as his owner walks down the road from The Ward Den.

Message 173 of 182 (1,277 Views)

Champion

So this still hasn't been addressed it seems and now I've got Sims teleporting into the river on and off while chatting in a group.

My Sim was fishing in Henford on Bagley and I stopped him to introduce him to some of my previous Sims.

All of a sudden a floating head appeared at the water's edge chatting to him it was my previous Sim, Cal. So as my current Sim named Randall was chatting to Cal, Cal went from the path to being in the river completely submerged except for his head. He's looking up at him chatting away like nothing is wrong and then he's on the path, then in the water and then up on the path. He stopped chatting and was leaving so I spoke to him again and he went back under the water to speak again. There was room on the path to chat but even if there wasn't this still shouldn't be happening.

Message 174 of 182 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, well, another famous bug that ruins the immersive in this $1000+ game... When EA??? When will you fix this annoying bug???? I am so tired of my sims teleporting all around the house and neighborhood. Should they do a priority for the bugs that need to fix first??? Now the bugs are invading... and they keep releasing packs... I just wish 1 day the game will just be so broken that no one can open it... so maybe then they will start fixing it rather than releasing packs every month... 

Message 175 of 182 (1,042 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

★★ Guide
@wobibobi It's now 2022.
Message 176 of 182 (1,037 Views)

Re: my sims disappear and then re-appear in another place

★★★ Guide

November 2022 and still ongoing 

Message 177 of 182 (775 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just bumping this up as it still happens every game play. It's gotten really choppy with toddlers. I haven't seen them walk normally without pumping in a few patches. The adults/children glitching from room to room while doing things is annoying and messes up pictures but the toddlers are actually painful as it takes them so long to move around and this makes it slower. I've resorted to teleporting them everywhere but that's...not fun.

Message 178 of 182 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I've managed to get an image of this issue again today as my Sim flickered in and out of the water in San Sequoia. It's not water that they can swim in either but he still took a dip. It happened because someone spoke to him while he was fishing, just as I reported many months ago.

His dog keeps walking through the kitchen units as well and when his partner walks down one of the staircases she jumps on and off the staircase and then teleports to the kitchen. But those happen too quickly to get an image.

Edit: this is worse after adding Horse Ranch unfortunately. Animals keep moving from one place to the other side of the house. Dogs vanish from the end of the leash and reappear.

Images 2 and 3 are from horse riding in Britechester and teleporting into the water then glitching up onto the pavement.

Message 179 of 182 (521 Views)

Champion

I've managed to get an image of dog walking in Sulani with the dog teleporting to the other side of the island. He just stands there facing the wrong way while his owner walks along with an empty leash. Then she stops and the leash stretches on it's own and after a few minutes of that the dog teleports back.

Message 180 of 182 (365 Views)