[OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

by wobibobi

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

★★★★ Apprentice

Besides teleporting, when in basements, they simply teleport and become like this for some seconds (after yesterday's patch).

07-21-21_12-09-35 PM.png

Message 131 of 182 (1,451 Views)

Sims standing where they shouldent

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Gamepacks and stuff packs (with the exception that cottage living i have but not installed yet due to not released),
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every so often sims will randomly stand places they shouldent be able to for example objects, roofs etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims cannot move and you have to manaul move them by switching to a different world etc as its causing routing issues which is understandable all considering
What do you expect to see? Sims not to be able to stand in areas they typically wouldent which causes routing errors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. recent patch 1.77.131.1030

I did have mods however in this save file mods have never been used ever. this is a vanilla save.

As you can see from below sims stand on / under roofs. I've also heard people having issues of sims standing on furniture.07-21-21_6-12-36 PM.png07-21-21_6-12-36 PM.png

Having checked on the forums i believe - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-have-teleport-behavior-non-occult/m-p/10528754#M190589 may be the possibly cause or influencing this.

Message 132 of 182 (826 Views)

Re: Sims standing where they shouldent

Hero
@matthew1112 would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 133 of 182 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict sent you it
Message 134 of 182 (793 Views)

Hero
@matthew1112 THanks. Not sure if I have time tonight but I'll pass your save on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 135 of 182 (773 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I noticed this too! Sims are walking into walls and furniture while slightly floated off of the ground. 

Message 136 of 182 (752 Views)

Toddlers glitch to each other's locations after patch

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two toddlers in the same household. Have them both walk.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddlers' images quickly jump back and forth between the other toddler's location and their own. Sometimes one toddler will briefly disappear. When clicking on her UI portrait at that time, the view jumps to a location across the lot from where she last was. After a short time she reappears in her original location.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers stick to their own location and not their sister's!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 20 2021 patch

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 137 of 182 (1,447 Views)

Re: Toddlers glitch to each other's locations after patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue has been present for a while now but has gotten worse with the patch. It's still the same issue. 

There is a very specific jumping issue that I'm leaving separate for now (although it's probably also the same root cause)

Please use this thread here if you have random teleporting/jumping around.

If your sims glitch while using the stairs, use this thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-complete-action-if-not-visible-to-player-Teleport-u...

If your Sim is a Vampire and constantly appears/disappears, use this thread

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-are-constantly-disappearing-and/td-p/97...

Will be merging threads accordingly. If you don't agree with a merge, please contact me via PM.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 138 of 182 (1,406 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I will probably merge this with the old jumpy animation thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628

From what I've seen that's probably the cause but as it's not worse for me as it was before, I will wait for the moment with merging.

Might also just keep it separate as it's a different angle even if it's the same bug.

Will depend in more reports coming in

For now please use the following threads

- General Jumpy animations and teleporting: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628
- Teleporting up and down the stairs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-complete-action-if-not-visible-to-player-Teleport-u...
- Vampires appearing backwards/disappear all the time: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-are-constantly-disappearing-and/td-p/97...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 139 of 182 (734 Views)

Re: Toddlers glitch to each other's locations after patch

★ Guide

Yep, has been happening a little before, but after 1.77. teleporting happens a lot. The worst was when I sent my sims hiking in Yukimatsu area (Komorebi mountain?) They stopped from time to time on their way (on sightseeing places or whatever they are called) and just kept on stomping or standing on their place for multiple sim hours and then warped/teleported themselves further. 

Message 140 of 182 (1,376 Views)