by wobibobi

Original Post

[OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Seasons as it comes out tomorrow and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure to have the newest 06/19 patch. Make Sims do common actions, from socializing to sitting down, seems to be something to do with sims moving themselves/routing. It happens a lot with cleaning up dishes when moving around and collecting them. It happens on all lots, apartments, community and residential.
What happens when the bug occurs? Video of this animation bug below. The sims will just teleport from one area to another. It looks like the teleport cheat, however it can be into a chair and they'll already be sitting down, and then the chair will pull back and then push in by itself a moment later as if the sim is pulling it back and sitting into it like it would normally. They'll just jump around from one area to another to route themselves to the next action queued as if they cannot walk over and do it. It's a bit hard to explain. For example, your sim is standing in the kitchen, and you click the shower in the bathroom. Your sim won't walk to the shower, but will teleport to it and then continue entering the shower as normal.
What do you expect to see? The game to continue as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 06/19 patch

https://youtu.be/WSu0eBeM6WA?t=530

Message 1 of 182 (20,349 Views)

Re: 06/19 Patch - Sims Teleporting around instead of routing normally (Walking)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you tried right-clicking on the game and hitting repair game as well ?

Update for Patch 1.77.131/1.44

This issue has been present for a while now but has gotten worse with the patch. It's still the same issue. 

There is a very specific jumping issue that I'm leaving separate for now (although it's probably also the same root cause)

Please use this thread if you have random teleporting/jumping around.

If your sims glitch while using the stairs, use this thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-complete-action-if-not-visible-to-player-Teleport-u...

If your Sim is a Vampire and constantly appears/disappears, use this thread

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Vampires-are-constantly-disappearing-and/td-p/97...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 182 (20,195 Views)

★ Guide
I've just repaired it so I'll update this if it's fixed it or if I see the issue again, as it's not a constant bug so I won't be able to see straight away.
Thanks for the help!
Message 3 of 182 (20,181 Views)

★ Guide

Issue still exists, now my sims are doing it less I think, but also sims are just randomly resetting themselves. That may be another issue entirely, but before they'd be teleporting but maintaining their queue, now they just teleport somewhere else and reset. I've also noticed that they'll randomly jump into another angle when doing some interactions, for example a sim was dancing and then they'll disappear and reappear in the same spot but at a different angle and continue the interaction. 

Message 4 of 182 (20,167 Views)

Hero
Could you take a video maybe upload unlisted to youtube and posting the link here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 182 (20,156 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are they Vampires?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 182 (20,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's really hard to catch on video because it only happens like a few times at completely random moments. All I can describe it as is sims jumping around in animations, popping up somewhere then popping over somewhere else, most of the time not resetting just disappearing and reappearing in different ways doing an animation. 

Also, they aren't vampires.

Also, had some other bugs that include being unable to actually get a plant watered. I'll click water plant and the soil won't become wet after watering animation. Unsure if this is related to the infinite watering bug everyone has, but right now i just cant get plants to actually accept being watered. 

I've also had bugs that probably aren't to do with the patch, but feel like my game is broken so I've got a keen eye for weird things in my game now. Grills with no lid will play an animation of the sim lifting up a lid to the grill, with the sound effects, as if lidless grill has a lid. Also, green bush archway gate plays a gate opening and closing sound even though there's, well, no gate. 

Message 7 of 182 (20,119 Views)

[TO TEST] Sims jumping and teleporting

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, nothing triggers the bug, just sims performing animations/moving around, however I've found a possible pattern in it happening more frequently with sitting down at the table with food. It happens with many more animations though, seemingly random.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims jump around in animation, disappearing then reappearing. I watched a youtube video of seasons and saw someone have this exact bug, I've linked video with timestamp to show the exact bug happening in my game with animations. I've removed all cc and mods, repaired game and used clean save.
What do you expect to see? Normal animation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 06/19 patch

https://youtu.be/WSu0eBeM6WA?t=530

Message 8 of 182 (20,128 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Animations Bug After 06/19 Patch (with video)

★★ Expert
odd. i've been seeing this as well, but starting before the patch.
Message 9 of 182 (20,117 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Animations Bug After 06/19 Patch (with video)

★ Guide

Yeah, looks like this patch just brought a bunch of bugs that have been around for a while into my game. Zipped lips

Message 10 of 182 (20,098 Views)