[OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

by wobibobi

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Jumpy Animation Bug After Newest Patch

★★★★★ Guide

It looks to me like this teleportation animation glitch happens during activities like cleaning up or gardening where the Sim is routed from place to place in search of multiple objects. It's like the game forgets that they have to *walk* between locations and just zaps them right there.

Message 21 of 182 (7,986 Views)

★ Guide

I had this issue for a while. It's only occurs for me when sims are socializing and are walking to a seat.

Message 22 of 182 (7,981 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same jumping issue mostly during gardening they are jumping from one spot to another spot like routing issue also i had few times when i was cleaning my vet clinic

Message 23 of 182 (7,958 Views)

★★ Guide
I has this happen while my sim was picking up laundry to the hamper and cleaning dishes. I have repaired my game several times but this is still an issue.
Message 24 of 182 (7,930 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 182 (7,898 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same, and here's what has happened to me:

• Began after 6/19 patch
• Sims teleport randomly, seemingly it's action-based: meaning if they are walking and I tell them to clean dishes, they teleport to grab the dish, teleport back to sink, teleport to original spot, as an example.

Today hit a new random moment. THIS COMBINES RANDOM TELEPORT, FROZEN ACTION WHILE TIME MOVES FORWARD, AND RESETSIM BUG.

Note: No mods or CC of any kind

I was having a holiday (Springfest) and also a house party. It started after I had everyone sing as a group. They started dispersing to different areas of the house to do their next actions through teleportation.

Next, I had the issue where everyone froze but time continued. Sometimes if I click out of everyone's actions, then have them "Go Here" it kicks it into gear and it's fine. This time it didn't do that, perhaps because there were so many Sims on the lot. That's when I decided to try resetsim

Each Sim that I tried resetsim on went into their arms-out pose and stayed that way, unmoving. Then they started teleporting IN THAT POSE and even gained skills. For example: Sim was supposed to dance, but is now stuck and frozen in resetsim pose but received a level up in dancing skill.

I decided to visit another family in the neighborhood instead and see if that helped. When I opened that family, every member was under resetsim pose and frozen, except for the father: he was missing entirely. Double click, it takes me to where he is on the map, and he isn't there. I send him home, switch control to him, and there he is at home: with the reset sim pose.

I wasn't sure where to organize this but since it started with teleportation, I figured I'd start there. It's BIZARRE.
Message 26 of 182 (7,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The same thing has happened to me three times now, two times while bringing dishes to the dishwasher and once coming in from outside. This only began happening for me after installing Seasons, but it may be the patch just before Seasons that is causing this. I haven't played too much when the patch was installed until I got Seasons.

Message 27 of 182 (7,855 Views)

Umbrella Got Stolen and Instant Teleportation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, but it has something to do with the umbrella. Also, I have only seen this bug happen once so far.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim was out in the rain with an umbrella. His girlfriend comes out, gives him a kiss, and then she steals his umbrella for herself. About 30 seconds after she instantly teleports back inside and the other sim gets his umbrella back.
What do you expect to see? The sim should keep his umbrella, and there shouldn't be any teleportation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The teleportation bug may have began after the patch before Seasons was released, or it may be after the installation of Seasons. It's hard to tell because I didn't play too much between the patch and until Seasons was released. However, I never had any issued up until then. The umbrella bug is related to Seasons since umbrellas were introduced with the expansion.

The bug happened in Willow Creek, and it was a stormy day.

Message 28 of 182 (7,884 Views)

Re: Umbrella Got Stolen and Instant Teleportation

Hero

Hi @rjssim

what kind of mods are you using ? Does the Umbrella getting stolen also happen on a new save reproducible or was this a one time thing ?

Here's a thread for jumping/teleportation: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations/td-p/6876628/jump-to/first-unread-messag...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 182 (7,861 Views)

★★★ Novice
In reference to my post, #26:

I repaired my game and that fixed the issue with the resetsim pose, but not the random freezing up/teleporting.
Message 30 of 182 (7,819 Views)