Re: 06/19 Patch - Sims Teleporting around instead of routing normally (Walking)

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

★ Guide

Keeping this post alive! It's almost like part of the game play now (sadly) with the teleporting and dropping queues.

Message 91 of 182 (1,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This is still a prevalent bug. I just wish it would stop. Something seems to be triggering it though if they could just pinpoint it and see it for themselves then they would be able to fix it I think.

Message 92 of 182 (1,051 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bearpal64 This truly is still prevalent. I booted up my game again after some time away and quickly became irritated with my sims teleporting from here and there. I believe they can see it they just don't know how to fix it? I'm really unsure. I know some of the game changers have seen it and there are so many simmers that have reported it. Its been what over a year now? It needs to be taken care of.
Message 93 of 182 (1,032 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MsPigglyPooh I agree. Seems like it's part lag or part routing glitch. Like I can send a sim to go do something and then tell them to go somewhere else and they stand there for a bit and then pop to where the first place is, pop back to where they were and then finish in the directed place before continuing on. It's just so jarring. I hope they do know how to fix it.
Message 94 of 182 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Citiy living, Get together, get to work, parenthood, vampire stuff, Dine out. Spa Day, Outdoor Adventures (I think thats what its called). Laundry, toddler, Vintage glamor, backyard stuff, Kids room, Romantic garden Movie hang out Cool kitchen, Perfect patio and luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ok, well Its not something I can trigger. There are four different bugs that have all started since the logo refresh a couple (last?) month. 1) sim will randomly disappear and reappear in selected location 2) Sim will constantly spin when getting out of the shower when an action is queued straight afterwards. Especially when you tell them to socailise. 3) cook a meal. 
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) sim will randomly disappear and reappear in selected location, rather than walking there. 2) Sim will constantly spin when getting out of the shower. This happens in all of my saved games. 3) Sims refuse to eat a whole meal, and will quite often start then put it down before their bars are full.
What do you expect to see? 1) sims should not be able to teleport 2) Get out of the shower, and get dressed. 3) eat whole meal until they are full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When the logo refresh happened a couple of months ago, thats when these bugs started to happen.

I had thought that maybe it was my legacy family save bugging out so I started a new one, the bugs appeared again.

Message 95 of 182 (972 Views)

★ Guide

This still happens in my game. It*s mostly when my sims are trying to clean dishes. 

Message 96 of 182 (885 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are your SIM a spellcaster with always teleport set.?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 97 of 182 (880 Views)

★ Guide

This bug has been in the game for over a year, so I don't think its related to spellcasters. I don't even have Realm of Magic yet.

Message 98 of 182 (864 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There is a separate issue with spellcasters which is why I asked..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 99 of 182 (856 Views)

Anonymous

I used to have this occasionally, but rarely. It increased with Island Living and now with RoM is super frequent.

Message 100 of 182 (842 Views)