Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

by bookmaster325

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Giving this a "Me Too." I've had this since day 1 of playing the game and have always just shrugged it off as a glitch. When it happens to me, it's usually when I assign a task. They begin walking toward the task, then teleport back to where they were a minute ago, and then teleport back to the task (such as picking up a plate), and then carry on as usual. Never thought much of it, but if it's something that has the possibility of getting fixed, that would be awesome. 

I've also repaired/re-installed/cleared cache files many times since this issue originally surfaced, so all of that's taken care of and the issue persists. 

Message 81 of 182 (2,611 Views)

Re: 06/19 Patch - Sims Teleporting around instead of routing normally (Walking)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
Have you tried right-clicking on the game and hitting repair game as well ?

It was fixed for a while and now it's doing it again.

Message 82 of 182 (2,568 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This still happens for me as well, however, it's not a consistent bug for me to figure out what's going on. (guessing lag spike/sim lag - [shrug]) :/
Message 83 of 182 (2,533 Views)

I have the same until today. I do not know what to do.
Message 84 of 182 (2,433 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am having the same issue after finishing the tutorial. I think some folks may have had issues with the tutorial? Anyway I thought I was stuck in tutorial but after a while.. it let me complete what I was doing. But now there is the teleporting issue.
Message 85 of 182 (2,382 Views)

★ Guide

I've never noticed this happen until lately and ironically, after I removed all my mods, to do some no-cc builds for the gallery (I pull my mods completely so I don't inadvertantly leave a lot trait or something that cause it to be marked with CC when I upload it.) After I pull or replace my mods, I delete my localthumbcache.package. I also repaired my game after the last two patches.
I first noticed it happening while I was playtesting a retail store build I'm about to upload. It gets really crowded, and my sim often teleports from one side of the room to another, instead of trying to walk through crowds. I figured it was just a pathing issue, but then realized later that it was also happening in his home when he was alone, or when he was out on a date or at a festival. I also placed my shop in a whole new save file, with a different sim running it to see how it placed, and to tweak the things that shifted or disappeared... and she's teleporting around too. Usually only a few steps worth of space, and sometimes back and forth from where they started to where they're going and back again. I've seen townie sims doing it in parks as well.
I play on an iMac with Ultra graphics settings, I have all expansions and game packs except Vampires and Strangerville, and all stuff packs except Toddlers and Kids stuff.

Message 86 of 182 (2,326 Views)

★★ Novice
Having the same problem on PS4 console..
Message 87 of 182 (2,219 Views)

★ Guide

This still happens until now, I don't know how to take a video in the Sims 4. But if I can video this issue, I'll post it here.

Message 88 of 182 (2,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Where do you right click on the game...in the actual game? on the load screen? game selection screen?
Message 89 of 182 (2,116 Views)

Hero
@dabrownsugar11 On Origin. Close the game, then right click on the game in your Origin library

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 182 (2,114 Views)