Re: Sims 4 Animations Bug After 06/19 Patch (with video)

by Evie0602

Original Post

★★ Guide
I've seen this when sims makeout on the sofa,bench etc one sim will slightly jump back and the the normal Interaction starts.

This happens right after you click on makeout. It s not good for people doing machinama.
Message 71 of 182 (1,631 Views)

★★ Guide
It seems to happen less frequently now after the two last patches in my game
[MAC]
Message 72 of 182 (1,597 Views)

★★ Guide

I have a PC and I haven't seen much of the jumpy animations either since the latest patch. That's not to say its not there any more. I believe I saw it once before the last patch, that fixed the aging bug, so I guess it's safe to say I have not seen it this far.

Message 73 of 182 (1,591 Views)

Champion
I sent a sim to go fishing, he instantly teleported to the fishing spot and then ran back to his house to start a run to the fishing spot.

It’s like the routing went wrong and he was put st the fishing spot before the action to run to it had started.

This was a few hours ago and with the latest patch.
Message 74 of 182 (1,586 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen Sims teleport in similar ways mentioned here as well. I haven't figured out what causes it.  Almost think its because the sims think they can't reach an area and the game just ports them there.  But i've seen them teleport even when it looks like they could walk there.

Message 75 of 182 (1,495 Views)

★ Guide

This happens in my game when my sims are doing laundry. They will take the clothes from the hamper, then teleport to the washing machine. 

Message 76 of 182 (1,483 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is still an issue. It becomes apparent when there's more sims on a lot, you randomly see sims flickering and teleporting around or simply back and forth. Doesn't seem to do anything gameplay wise as far as their queue list, but an issue nonetheless.

Message 77 of 182 (1,453 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have a household of 6 sims and a dog. My sims and visitors will very frequently teleport to and from the bookshelf located in my house. Often enough that I can cause it to trigger by queuing enough bookshelf related actions. And since it seems like a pathing error I'm also going to mention that my sims are phasing through walls very often as well. I have a locked room that sims kept getting stuck in because only one sim is allowed access and I didn't realize until recently they were walking through the wall and getting stuck inside that way. Definitely seem to be some pathing issues.

Message 78 of 182 (1,372 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I just thought I would add my problem into this. So I have all of the stuff and expansion packs and I have no custom content installed. The newest pack I installed was a digital copy of my first pet stuff. Whenever my sim goes to clean their hamster cage everything stops. It seems that the other members in the household will also pause as well. The only thing that continues to play on is the time. I am able to pause, fast forward and play time. To unglitch the whole thing, I have to constantly type "resetsim *Sim's name*". In that process I may have cancelled that action and made that same sim talk to another sim in another room. Once the resetsim cheat goes through. It glitches momentarily and does the teleport thing. I have done multiple repairs to the game but I can recall this being an issue since the latest patch .  

Message 79 of 182 (1,352 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I just thought I would add my problem into this. So I have all of the stuff and expansion packs and I have no custom content installed. The newest pack I installed was a digital copy of my first pet stuff. Whenever my sim goes to clean their hamster cage everything stops. It seems that the other members in the household will also pause as well. The only thing that continues to play on is the time. I am able to pause, fast forward and play time. To unglitch the whole thing, I have to constantly type "resetsim *Sim's name*". In that process I may have cancelled that action and made that same sim talk to another sim in another room. Once the resetsim cheat goes through. It glitches momentarily and does the teleport thing. I have done multiple repairs to the game but I can recall this being an issue since the latest patch . I also noticed that my hampster died of starvation before I actually got a notification informing me that he was really hungry. He had died, and the next day in real life I was playing another family and the notification actually popped up saying that he was really hungry and that if he didn't get food soon he will die. Bit late. 

Message 80 of 182 (1,351 Views)