by Wndblwz

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

★ Guide

@wobibobi wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Seasons as it comes out tomorrow and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sure to have the newest 06/19 patch. Make Sims do common actions, from socializing to sitting down, seems to be something to do with sims moving themselves/routing. It happens a lot with cleaning up dishes when moving around and collecting them. It happens on all lots, apartments, community and residential.
What happens when the bug occurs? Video of this animation bug below. The sims will just teleport from one area to another. It looks like the teleport cheat, however it can be into a chair and they'll already be sitting down, and then the chair will pull back and then push in by itself a moment later as if the sim is pulling it back and sitting into it like it would normally. They'll just jump around from one area to another to route themselves to the next action queued as if they cannot walk over and do it. It's a bit hard to explain. For example, your sim is standing in the kitchen, and you click the shower in the bathroom. Your sim won't walk to the shower, but will teleport to it and then continue entering the shower as normal.
What do you expect to see? The game to continue as normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 06/19 patch

https://youtu.be/WSu0eBeM6WA?t=530

I have the same problem too! I got the latest patch Seasons and update which came 10th of July. This has never happened to me before. Sim goes to the kitchen, takes food from the kitchen counter, and then instantly jumps to the living room. That is one sample of the bug. It happens randomly, but it is annoying!

Message 51 of 182 (1,747 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This has been happening erratically ever since the Seasons patches!
Message 52 of 182 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Novice

It happens to me all the time. My game is almost unplayable. I have no CC or Mods. It's frustrating

Message 53 of 182 (1,705 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this happen a few times after the recent patch, I thought I was just seeing things in game.

Message 54 of 182 (1,693 Views)

★ Guide

Still happening after newest patch. I know the patch notes didn't detail them fixing it, but was hoping it may have been fixed on the downlow, haha. Hopefully they've seen this issue by now and are working on it, as I haven't seen any official EA Sims Team member comment that they're aware of this issue yet. 

Message 55 of 182 (1,644 Views)

Hero

Hi @wobibobi @knazzer and everyone else

Are any of you willing to share your saves ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 182 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You can add me to the list of people experiencing this. I recently installed the base game + city living. The jumpy animations were there already from the start.

It's hard to see the exact pattern for when it happens. It can happen for a lot of different sequences, but maybe mostly when doing something that involves bringing an item somewhere and placing it somewhere else.

For example if cleaning up a plate: The sim will walk to the plate, then walk to the sink, then teleport back and pick up the plate, then teleport to the sink and clean it. So it does all the animations for the action, just in the wrong sequence. In all the cases I've seen this, it's the right animations, but in the wrong order.

Message 57 of 182 (1,517 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Exactly the same is happening in my game since the pre-Seasons patch. Sims are combining two actions (like changing outfit in front of a bar and running away to collect a stone) and teleport hundreds of meters between two locations.

Message 58 of 182 (1,514 Views)

★★ Guide

Since the most recent patch the Sims are back to teleporting in the midst of actions. I have all packs, etc, have removed mods, cleared cache, and repaired game. 

Message 59 of 182 (1,504 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue, and also especially since the latest patch. In my case, they'll sometimes teleport ahead or back in time as in: they are downsrairs, I tell them to give the dog a bath upstairs, they'll go upstairs, then very shortly teleport back to the time they came from, then teleport back and continue the action from the previous spot. 

Message 60 of 182 (1,497 Views)