Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

by Beardedgeek72

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations

★★★ Apprentice
rainbowputin69
Mine also happened when I had a group of 3+ Sims sing together for New Years eve and I tried again to get them to watch the countdown to midnight on a tv in a bar. It is worse on community lots, they will literally disappear and are nowhere to be seen, I can invite them to hang out at the current lot so this tells me they are not nearby after vanishing, however if I do invite them back over it says "Sim 1 will be right over" but no one comes.
It is very bizarre.

I tested on a new save without CC/Mods and it is the same issue, repairing my game didn't help and the newest patch hasn't fixed it.
Message 31 of 182 (2,126 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah I'm almost confident that this bug, for most, is just a bug from the newest patch/patches. I haven't seen any EA officials as of yet publicly acknowledge this bug on twitter or on forum but if anyone knows if they have, please let me know! Hopefully they do soon and can help us all out, as it is a little odd watching your sims magically jump around on your lot. maybe it's a new occult lol

Message 32 of 182 (2,115 Views)

★★ Guide
This is definitely a new patch issue as this was not happening in my game prior to the patch for seasons. It seemed worse for me when majority of my sims family were toddlers but it's still happening from time to time. Mainly I get a lag in response to the sim completing an action. They will literally stand there for long periods of time and it takes a while for them to respond
to the action given.
Message 33 of 182 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sims, randomly, not all the time, perform things in the wrong order, and insta-teleport while doing it. The tasks as such WORK, they do the dishes, for example when I tell them to but here's an example:

1. I tell sim to grab a serving / put up something / do dishes for example.
2. SIm, instead of going to fridge to pick up plate of food, goes directly to table
3. Sim, sits down, then blink - teleport to the fridge where he should have been, grab plate of food.
4. Sim walks back to the chair he was sitting down at before.

Again: this is completely random and only happens once or twice a day and does not seem to be tied to a specific object.

Message 34 of 182 (2,160 Views)

Re: Umbrella Got Stolen and Instant Teleportation

★ Guide

Hi Crin, The mods I use are mostly custom content, but I have a the slower skills mod, and no weight loss or gain mod. I haven't tried a new save yet. This is the first thunder storm I've had (I play slowly as I capture everything for a story). I'll see if I can capture this bug again. Thanks for the link to the teleportation thread.

Message 35 of 182 (2,166 Views)

Re: Umbrella Got Stolen and Instant Teleportation

Hero
you can use the weather machine to provoke a thunderstorm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 182 (2,162 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had the same problem yesterday. I told a teen to wash her plate, she walks to the bin outside to empty her plate, jumps to the sink, jumps to  the bin then jumps out of the shower, having a shower was in her queue. weird. 

Message 37 of 182 (2,146 Views)

★ Guide

Don't know if anyone has mentioned that pets also have this animation/routing bug, but just saw my dog have this bug when routing to a bowl of food, so looks like pets are also affected, not just Sim animations/routing. 

Message 38 of 182 (2,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't noticed that but pets ARE part of the household, so that makes sense.

Message 39 of 182 (2,112 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Animations Bug After 06/19 Patch (with video)

★★ Apprentice

I've seen this issue many times after the patch for seasons. It always seems to happen when my sim has multiple actions queued. For instance, he was supposed to clear his plate to dishwasher and then clean the kitty litter. He got up from the table, picked up the plate, and walked over to the dishwasher. So far, so good. Then, he must have lost his presence of mind, because he carried his plate over to the kitty litter. When he got there, he must have realized his mistake, because he "blinked" (there was no teleport animation or anything, he just went from one place to the other without traversing the intervening space) to the dishwasher, put his plate in, and blinked back to the kitty litter. The he continued normally.

It looked to me as if the animations were being played in the wrong order, or possibly a routing problem Hope this helps them track down the root cause.

Message 40 of 182 (2,090 Views)