Re: Sims 4 Animations Bug After 06/19 Patch (with video)

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
Merged your threads. Please stick to one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 182 (2,783 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry about that! @crinrict I realized I had posted in the wrong thread and with little experience with forums I didn't think I'd have the rights to delete the old thread I made. Sorry for the bother and thanks!

Message 12 of 182 (2,774 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've seen this a few times in both a post-patch and Seasons save. It's quite inconsistent.
Message 13 of 182 (2,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wobibobi wrote:

Sorry about that! @crinrict I realized I had posted in the wrong thread and with little experience with forums I didn't think I'd have the rights to delete the old thread I made. Sorry for the bother and thanks!

Ah. No prob. Thought you just opened a new one for weird reasons :D

EDIT: Tagging this as needs input for now to see how many people have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 182 (2,767 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have seen this many times after the patch and even in seasons ep. so I can confirm 

Message 15 of 182 (2,735 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims Teleporting around instead of routing

★★ Guide

I haven't noticed teleporting to different levels or even great distances but I have seen Sims jump! For instance they're standing in front of the kitchen sink and I click on the fridge and select 'get leftovers' and the Sim will jump to the fridge (3 counter widths) and back. But I only played for a short time in the vanilla game after updating, so maybe the game was glitching because previously that save game had some CC. Looks weird though

Message 16 of 182 (2,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Sim was supposed to go to bed on the upper floor and teleported from the ground floor. No stairs needed. I never had this problem before the newest patch.

Message 17 of 182 (2,688 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with playing an animation, something will go wrong and the sims will end up all over the place in said animation, sometimes just appearing somewhere else then performing it, to just skipping it entirely, for example not walking to nearby objects, teleporting to them. Not sure if it's cc but I'm pretty sure it isn't, as I've had this going on in clean saves with no mods or cc stepping foot into them. Think it's the newest patch. 

Message 18 of 182 (2,671 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Jumpy Animation Bug After Newest Patch

★ Apprentice

I'm seeing this a lot as well. I have no CC or Mods. I've repaired the game several times and have cleared caches. One example: A sim will go to get a plate of food from a group meal, grab a plate then teleport over to the table without the plate of food then the food plate will teleport over to them on the table. Or they will walk over to get the plate then teleport back to where they were standing before the command to get food was given. 

Message 19 of 182 (2,640 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Jumpy Animation Bug After Newest Patch

★★ Apprentice
This started happening in my game also right after the patch on a clean save file with no cc. It looks like a routing issue, to me, when multiple actions or sims are queued at once. The game will force the route and 'blink' the sims to the object or location. I'm leaning towards routing since the first time I saw the blink happen my sim did this weird circle back and around again then blinked to another room back to the object and then back to the room. I've been seeing the circling of sims a good bit since the patch and it normally precedes the blinking.
Message 20 of 182 (2,628 Views)