Sims

by Serb1205

Original Post

Sims teleport/Toddler walks trough Walls

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None (just Digital Deluxe)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Random, when they walk around
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims and toddlers teleport a few meters or even a whole floor when they walk around and want to do something.. or my toddler walked to the corner of a bedroom and suddenly walked trough the wall to get to the hallway.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers and Sims should walk all the way to where they want do something and walk trough the doors and use the stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last update 20.07.2021

***It happens Random***

Message 141 of 182 (1,432 Views)

Teleporting Sims in Cottage Living

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Occurs randomly during normal gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims teleport instead of walking
What do you expect to see? The Sims should walk as normal to their next activity
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Cottage Living Expansion

When in their home lot, I assign an action, to begin with, they seem not to react, then they teleport to the location for the action. This is a new save, and the sims have no ability to teleport

Message 142 of 182 (1,340 Views)

Re: Teleporting Sims in Cottage Living

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Well, it doesn't happen at all in my game, but I play vanilla style, but I really wish they would just teleport as it sometimes never forever to get from A to B with dumb routing failures. I hope they don't fix it if it is a bug.

Message 143 of 182 (1,298 Views)

Sims

★★★★★ Novice

Is It Just Me But Now And Then My Sims Will Be In One Location Then Just Shoot Across The Screen To Another Location

Message 144 of 182 (1,283 Views)

Re: Sims

@Serb1205  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 145 of 182 (1,257 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jumpy Animations/Sims teleport

★ Guide

oh looks like my original post blew up again because the bug is indeed back with the newest pack, and it is just as irritating as it was before

Message 146 of 182 (1,241 Views)

Champion

It's happening on my game on Xbox series S since the July updates and I added My First Pet and Cottage Living. It's pretty bad. Sims and pets are doing it. It's also happening if walking the dog, the dog lead stretches and the dog teleports metres away from the Sim on their own. After a minute, it flickers back to the Sims side.

The Sim can't seem to walk downstairs now, they flicker there instead. Sometimes they go into a T pose.

They are also going out of their way and walking across outdoor platforms or decking even if it's out of the way. It's taking them ages to walk anywhere.

I'm running down about a dozen bugs and glitches on here since the past week alone. I'm stopping gameplay every hour or so and googling whatever random irritation is happening now.

Farm life, it's relaxing in the countryside isn't it. Bug spray anyone?

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 147 of 182 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is such an annoying glitch. My sims have been flickering around for YEARS now... So many people have this issue, why hasn't it been addressed after all these years..? It's even worse now with the Cottage Living patch, and it actually made me jump a couple of times because sims are just popping up on my screen appearing out of nowhere, to locations I didn't tell them to route to. They are literally just telleporting now, not even flickering back and forth anymore. They full on teleport from point A to B, like they have some supernatural power. And as someone else posted above, their feet get stuck in the floor, they sink into the ground for a few minutes and then continue to walk around or teleport away... It's really annoying and game breaking.

Message 148 of 182 (788 Views)

★★★ Novice

Been having this problem since the last update >.<

Message 149 of 182 (744 Views)

Sim teleporting around

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure happened once so far.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is teleporting through house and back. Appeared at refrigerator, teleporter to stairs. Then back to kitchen to eat. Made a video but can't attach. It was the sim that changed name after loading.
What do you expect to see? No teleporting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim just teleport to eat. Made a video but can't attach. 

Message 150 of 182 (685 Views)