[FIXED] Jittery Toddler walking animation

by reademullen

Original Post

Re: Toddler walking animation broken

★★★ Novice
@xpinksims My game seems to be doing this as well, only since the update! Even adult sims are 'teleporting' between floors and rooms. Definitely not my PC either. Not happy that it's happening to anyone, but glad that I am not alone!
Message 21 of 95 (1,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PC. toddler walking is not smooth. Right now I have twins and its the most annoying thing ever.

Message 22 of 95 (1,582 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jittery Toddler walking animation

★★★★ Guide

Same problem here. Happened just after the latest patch.

Message 23 of 95 (1,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@traney1This sounds like the teleport bug, not jittery walking. Watch the video in the OP to see an example.

Message 24 of 95 (1,538 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict toddler is level 3. I'm on PC.
Message 25 of 95 (1,498 Views)

★ Apprentice

After watching the vid..its the same...I get that type of walking as well..but I also get the warping too

Message 26 of 95 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@reademullen having the same issue; I'm on mac as well!
Message 27 of 95 (1,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@reademullenI have twin toddlers and they j@rk and bug out all the way across the room. Unfortunately, my adults are doing it when interacting with stairs as well. Why can EA/Maxis NEVER release a single update that doesn't cause more problems than it claims to fix?!?

On PS4 by the way.

Message 28 of 95 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I play on PC, I have tested with no mods/cleared cache and it is still the same. Very jittery walking. My toddler was on level 1 and got up to level 3 movement and it remained the same.

Not sure if this will work for other people viewing - it's on Dropbox. Just a quick video snippet of how jittery it is: Toddler Walk 

Message 29 of 95 (1,364 Views)

Stuttering Toddler Walking Animation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Since the last update, I have noticed that my toddler, who has lvl 5 walking skill, is now walking as though she was lvl 1. The animation is very choppy and she sways forward as she stops and then this cyclic animation starts all over again until she reaches her destination.

I only updated my game yesterday [29/07/2021] and this animation issue is directly linked to that update, as it's never happened before.

I will repair my game and see if that solves the issue.

Edit: Repaired my game but the animation is as it was. Not game breaking but certainly needs resolved.

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 30 of 95 (1,351 Views)