Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Jittery Toddler walking animation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff, Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff, Get Together, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Get Famous, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dream Home Decorator, Spa Day, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler walk
What happens when the bug occurs? The animation is very jittery. This only happens for toddlers.
What do you expect to see? Smooth toddler walking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.77.131.1230 patch was installed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10KJv7OwZvzy1MDIivwSBMwTOR8MpA6XM/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, added tag

Message 1 of 95 (13,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Jittery Toddler walking animation

[ Edited ]
Hero

We fixed an issue that made Toddlers walk with animations that were not quite fitting for a Toddler. I don’t know about you all, but if my Toddler in game looked like they had a lot of coffee, I would be concerned - and this is coming from the caffeine queen herself. Luckily we were able to solve this issue and they should walk properly now.

Fixed in Patch 1.81.72/1.49

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you still have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Toddler-movement-NOT-fixed-Still-jittery/m-p/10919821

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 95 of 95 (9,391 Views)

All Replies

Re: Toddler walking animation broken

Hero
@reademullen What skill level is your toddler at ?

Could everyone that clicked me too post their platform ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 95 (13,837 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Movement level 4

Message 3 of 95 (13,828 Views)

Hero
@reademullen Could you test a toddler with no skill as well if it looks the same and also if it's the same on level 5

I just have one level 5 and it looks fine but I'm on PC.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 95 (13,820 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happens once at the beginning of each walking action, but not after.

Message 5 of 95 (13,811 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried a toddler in a different save, no skill (unfortunately don't seem to be able to cheat it to level 4). Then tried a toddler in the same household as the buggy child and the one with no skill was walking fine. Does seem to be tied to at least level 4.

Message 6 of 95 (13,795 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@reademullen Walking lv 5. I'm on PC. And I have the same situation as you. Happens once at the beginning, but not after.
Message 7 of 95 (13,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm playing on PC

Also, I'm doing 100 baby challenge, so I can safely say the broken animation is NOT tied to movement level for the toddler. I've had it happen levels 1-3 every toddler.

Also noted adult routing issues on configured stairs - they sometimes float at the bend point

Message 8 of 95 (13,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Skill level: Toddler has highest level on all toddler skills.
Platform: Windows 10?

Other: It feels like this 5-level toddler also moves a bit slower and less stable than before patch, not just the animation glitch. But this could be my memory being wrong too, maybe confused by the glitch.

Message 9 of 95 (13,561 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jittery Toddler walking animation

★★★ Guide
@reademullen Me Too, PC, all packs
Message 10 of 95 (13,552 Views)