Re: Lot keeps making noise

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Jingles play at inappropriate times

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So, I don't know how to explain this. The house I'm playing with keeps making the job promotion jingles in the background, and I don't know why. I've never experienced this before. No mods/CC, all packs except Spooky Stuff. I didn't start playing with this house until after the update so I'm not sure if it's because I got it from the gallery or if the update has caused some kind of issue?

Message 1 of 67 (3,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Jingles play at inappropriate times

Hero

Bumping this for more feedback

If anyone is still seeing this, please open a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 66 of 67 (2,604 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

It most certainly isn't just happening to you.  And it did start after the patch.  This is the text in the thread I opened on the Sims forums, just to add credence to this issue:

"Since the last patch, there have been random audio stings playing when nothing of note is happening in my household. No mods are causing this issue and I've noticed it on multiple YouTubers' gameplay videos as well, so I know it's not just happening to me. By "audio stings", I mean the short songs that occur whenever a Sim completes a whim or something similar."

Message 2 of 67 (3,781 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh thank God! I thought I was the only one, jeez this update is something else, lol.

Message 3 of 67 (3,776 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I've had that too.

Could it be that they are just playing at inappropriate times ? Like they are legit but play with a huge delay ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 67 (3,770 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a brand new household I'm playing with, only one of them has a job and he's only just gotten it. He's a Mailroom Technician, i.e., he's had no promotions. It doesn't make sense.

Message 5 of 67 (3,767 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I sometimes get skill up jingles and have been wondering if it's caused by a non-played sim skilling up.

Message 6 of 67 (3,743 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Jingles play at inappropriate times

★★ Novice
I thought it was me
I keep hearing the something has happened jingles when nothing happens
I have no mods or cc and have repaired the game files and tries in multiple save files happens everytime
I keep looking for the pop ups saying I've done something but nothing there. Thought I was going mad
Message 7 of 67 (3,689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sims are not even in a career, it's a new game save and I'm getting that sound all the time. It's getting annoying. 

Message 8 of 67 (3,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've noticed this too, but I have only noticed this in my new save file, or at least new households, not existing households.

Message 9 of 67 (3,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Having this occur too. not sure if it started after the last small patch or with the downloading of the Parenthood Game Pack. Clean game, no cc or mods. tested in a few new games, happens in all of them. My sims have no careers etc so no ligit game reason as to why these jingles should occur. I also have the sting music disabled in all my testing games.

*edited to add, repairing game did not fix this issue nor did doing a complete reinstall.

Message 10 of 67 (3,618 Views)