by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [JTB] [V] [IL] Difficult to take care of Occult Needs/No Power in Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them (all expansions and game packs, not got a few stuff packs)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take an 'Occult' sim to Baatu, ideally Vampire or Mermaid
What happens when the bug occurs? Numerous issues with Occult sims on Baatu (detailed below)
What do you expect to see? A seamless experience and non hostile environment that does not cause issues or problems in playing my Occult Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This pack is *not* Occult Sim friendly in any way.
Occult Sims lose all of their powers and interactions. This is deadly when it comes to Vampires, as they can no longer feed at all (Your sims inventory is cleared of everything not originating from Baatu, so you can't bring Plasma Packs with you). There are no actual showers or baths on any of the Baatu lots, just a rabbithole that fills Hygiene/Hydration. It does *not* reset the Mermaid being in water, so your time on vacation there is very limited if you don't want to lose your Occult status as Mermaid.

Lastly, on return from Baatu, it seems that if you sim has an Occult Form (Vampires and Mermaids), it automatically applies the 'sync appearance' to your base human form, so if you have it differing by eye type, teeth, hairstyle, hair colour.... you lose it all.

All of these should be correctable, so I'm going to assume they are bugs for the time being. Hopefully they will be fixed asap, as it currently makes Journey to Baatu very uncomfortable for Occult Sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted TItle, Please use this thread for the Outfit Sync Issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-SW-V-Vampire-Outfit-Sync-Issue/td-p/9482864

Message 1 of 13 (3,051 Views)

Re: Journey to Baatu is not Occult Sim friendly

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My vampire's thirst was filled up when I had him Freshen Up at the Cantina. Seemed like this was intentional because when he was freshening up, I hovered over the interaction in his queue and it said "Drink Uncontrollably". 

However, I don't have any Mermaids so I can't speak on that.

Message 2 of 13 (2,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I don’t have problem with Mermaids and Vampires. If I go to the Cantina for freshen up this need goes up.  Mermaids don’t need to be in water. Mermaids don’t loose the form in Sims 4 if you stay away from water. This feature is only in Sims 3.

Only Issues here is with the Powers(Child of the Moon/Dampend Emotions works fine) and Occult-Form. If you go with your Occult Sims to Baatu your sims are a “normal Sims” (Vlad don’t burn to dead in the Sun although he has thin Skinned 3 and no sun resistence) I don’t know  is this by design or really a bug .

I play without Mods and never use it in this save.

Message 3 of 13 (2,815 Views)

Hero
@Robecoyote Could you make a separate thread for the sync appearance issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (2,795 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm playing with a vampire, spellcaster, and regular sim. The vampire was able to order a plasma jane at the cantina to satisfy her thirst. I'm disappointed Occults can't use their powers to quick-travel, or cause other mayhem like I'm used to, but they can otherwise traverse about Baatu just as well as the non-occult sim.

Message 5 of 13 (2,738 Views)

Hero
@tiranaki Do you have the same issue with the forms happening as OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (2,733 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just tested it and yep. I'll try a brand new save file vampire and see if it happens as soon as they get to Baatu and plan their outfit, that would be my guess as the culprit.

Message 7 of 13 (2,728 Views)

Hero
@tiranaki Could you make a separate thread for that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (2,725 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 9 of 13 (2,701 Views)

Hero
@tiranaki Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (2,688 Views)