[FIXED] [JTB] Top-notch Trickery: ID Card vanishes

by hellswomble

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Top-notch Trickery: ID Card vanishes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Was wondering if this was solved, too. PS4, here, and getting frustrated, all my Fake IDs just up and vanish. I probably have a nice fat 99+ stack in the other inventory. Sigh.

In addition, Hondo is just straight up not responsive to the Sabacc challenge, for me. I suppose I could turn my game off and on again, but load up times are so long that I would just wait until tomorrow to do anything, which is frustrating but probably where I'll go next, I guess.

EA really ought to patch those IDs, though. They should be in the Batuu inventory, and accessible, not clutching over to the home inventory.

Edit: Using the Sabacc table and just pulling Hondo into a game that way works, if anyone else is getting a nonresponsive Hondo to the "Challenge to Sabacc for ID" thing.

Message 71 of 114 (1,755 Views)

★ Pro

XBox here, both Dok-Ondars's and Hondo's ID cards disappear after traveling and fake IDs (found in a crate) don't seems to count. Have yet to find a real one in the FO district.

What exactly do we need so we can "Access First Order Plans"? What do source files tell us?

Message 72 of 114 (1,645 Views)

★★ Novice
@hellswomble On Xbox for me
Message 73 of 114 (1,628 Views)

★★ Novice

Did this ever get sorted? I can't find anyone saying that they were able to fix this. 

Message 74 of 114 (1,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No I contacted EA directly they said they are looking into it but I never heard anymore. 

Message 75 of 114 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm not losing my ID but I cannot pass the door. I have the uniform equipped and the ID is in my inventory but the door shows "Must be at least a Recruit - Rank 2 with the First Order to gain access through this door" and the only other option is to slice the panel which fails even with level 9 programming skill and loses my dataspike. Just clicking on the table or anywhere inside the cargo room makes my sim just wave her arm in the air and complain about the door being in the way.  The only way I could get in the room was using a droid.

As for challenging for a game of Sabacc it took multiple tries to get Hondo to join in the game.

I'm using PC non-Steam version.

Message 76 of 114 (1,545 Views)

Journey to Batuu, console ID card

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing journey to batuu when completing the Top notch trickery mission the First order ID card disappears when travelling to the first order camp.
What happens when the bug occurs? Therefore unable to complete the mission as cannot impersonate the first order officer
What do you expect to see? Would like the ID card to stay in the inventory so that impersonation is possible
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have seen many other console users having this same problem where the ID card disappears so I think it might be a bug. If not, any solutions would be greatly appreciated

Message 77 of 114 (1,555 Views)

Re: Journey to Batuu, console ID card

★★ Novice
It is more than shame on Ea's part to let this bug continue, while it prevents all players from being able to advance in the history of dlc. dlc paying I recall it, and more for a content that does not even work !!!!!!
it's been since the release of the dlc that it lasts, what are you seriously waiting for !!!!!!!!
Message 78 of 114 (1,456 Views)

Re: Journey to Batuu, console ID card

★★★★ Novice

Its a bug that EA seems to feel they dont need to fix or address there is no way past it.

Message 79 of 114 (1,381 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, I'm on pc windows 8,almost all packs don't have tiny living, eco, knitting, no mods or cc, latest october patch installed, didn't have id card disappear, I just finished this mission (oct 28), but the sim i have been using from the beginning has a slight advantage. My sim named Dume already had the wellness skill maxed a long time ago, which i think came from spa day,

1st i went to FO district, tried to seduce 2 female officers, but kept getting rejected cause he's at minus level 4 with FO, so i bribed for uniform 250 credits (charisma 8 don't know if that makes difference in success bribes), got uniform, traveled to cantina played hondo at sabacc, i needed the aspiration 'cheat at sabacc', so i cheated hondo and won FO id card, now i had 3 fake id's 1 FO id, traveled back to FO district, clicked wear uniform from inventory, id cards still there.

When you reach wellness 7 you learn teleport. I bypassed agnon and the door by clicking teleport inside room, i clicked next to table but it put me at the outside portion of it. Sidenote: you can't teleport with droid active following you, had to deactivate droid, dumb me, i was more worried about mission glitching and unable to complete i forgot to put droid in inventory to reactivate inside room so droid stayed at entry point of map. 

The guard automatically comes to check id, got approved, but FO id is now gone. Also don't know if its everytime for this mission, 2 more guards came in to use table at same time, when the id check finished a 3rd guard also came in, started chatting with 1 waiting for others to leave, when 3rd stopped talking she left, was then able to finish mission, dumb me again, i remembered to late about aspiration of slicing table, but couldn't do it cause i didn't have a dataspike, took to long, guard asked for id check again, doh, he handed id, got approved but noticed down to only 2 fake id's now.

I quickly then traveled back to resistance base, gave rey the info, completed mission. 

Hope ea can quickly fix this problem for all xbox,ps4 players

Sidenote: Unfortunately you don't get to keep uniform, my sim is program 8, and when i went back to the FO table after getting dataspike, using teleport, id check failed, luckily i won the arrest fight (fitness 7), putting guard to sleep, it failed slicing so couldn't get aspiration. So don't know if the sim not only needs the programming be higher, but maybe in focused mood as well, my sim was tired and uncomfortable,  

Message 80 of 114 (1,352 Views)