[OPEN] [JTB] Planning Outfit causes game to lock to Sim at home

by Riverleigh

Original Post

Re: Issue with Journey to Batuu

★★ Apprentice

@WarrenKWoodhouse wrote:

@Sketch793 wrote:

Just tried this and got the same problem but I found a solution.

I sent Eliza Pancakes to Batuu and left Bob at home. Eliza planned her Batuu outfit and the game switched to Bob, with both character icons grayed out and the camera still on Eliza. I clicked the lightning bolt on Bob's icon and chose Switch Control to Bob Pancakes. That got me a loading screen that put me back in Willow Creek, with Bob active. I clicked on Eliza's lightning bolt and chose Switch Control to Eliza Pancakes. That sent me to another loading screen and back to Batuu, with Eliza as the active character.

So, the solution is to Switch Control twice, first to the character at home and then to the character on Batuu.

@Sketch793 Never mind, I found the lightning bolt icon. So you’re saying that if I select “Switch Control to NAME OF SECOND SIM” then after the loading screen, select “Switch Control to NAME OF FIRST SIM”, it will allow me to resume control of my Sim? Then the issue here is a technical issue regarding character selection via the AI algorithms.

I can confirm that Comment Number #13 by @Sketch793 is the only workaround that I could find for this issue.

Message 21 of 24 (434 Views)

Re: Issue with Journey to Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

(I have all Expansion packs, all stuff packs, all game packs except My Wedding Stories, some kits.)

Yeah, this happened to me, too.

(I'd been watching the status of "Super Sims can't do this pack," BTW, because my Super Sim has completed every single aspiration except Villainous Valentine, which won't complete for her because she has Player so I haven't tried (and admittedly don't want to because it's so OOC for her), and has maxed every skill and we've also received the For the Hoard award for collections.)

I bought this so my Super Sim could have a new aspiration to work on, so I sent her to Batuu, but I brought her whole family because otherwise where's the fun in that? (Aside: the whole family are Global Celebrities and even in a Galaxy far, far away people are excited to see them.) But because I was bringing the whole family, I moved her Servo back in to be a petsitter. Er. I guess I could have sent them to live with him, come to think of it, but it made more sense to my mind the other way.

First up: doing the initial "freshen up at the dwelling, plan Batuu outfit" stuff with 4 Sims. First up: Super's mom, as I was just going to go down the list in order. I picked something I thought looked cute on her, clicked the checkmark, and I was locked to the Servo at home and couldn't tab or click off him or control him, but I couldn't control my Sims on Batuu either and they were still wandering around, singing to themselves, going to get a drink at the cantina, autonomously kissing... so I went to manage worlds and tried again.

Manage Worlds -> choose their household -> play someone on Batuu.  Whew, that worked!

I thought that maybe it was a fluke caused by Super's stepdad still being in a "freshening up" state when I sent Super's mom in, so I made sure no one was still freshening up and sent in Super. I picked an outfit I thought looked cute on her, clicked the checkmark... and was again locked to the Servo at home with no one controllable and no way to control any of my Sims.

Manage Worlds -> choose their household -> play someone on Batuu. 

That worked again, and I decided that sorry, boys, but I didn't want to do three loading screens each to change your clothes, so I used UI cheats to clear that part of their "job." They're only there for support, anyway. Super's stepdad is a famous actor and level 10 Singer, so I had him do a (literal) Song and Dance routine in the First Order sector for tips while Super was scanning First Order crates. (ROTFL!)  Sadly, this didn't prevent her from getting caught by Lt. Agnon (ulp!) so I had her use Hilarious Icebreaker and The Funniest Joke In the World, and then worried that I might have accidentally killed one of the quest people when he seemed to be in the early stages of hysteria. He pulled himself together, though, and let her go.

(I think you're starting to see why I wanted to do this pack with my Super Sim.)

Message 22 of 24 (378 Views)

Re: [JTB] Planning Outfit causes game to lock to Sim at home

★★★★★ Expert
I have this one too.
Message 23 of 24 (369 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Planning Outfit causes game to lock to Sim at home

★★★ Newbie

So I found a fix when this happens save the game ...then exit to main menu and load back into the game and you will be able to access the sim.

Message 24 of 24 (257 Views)