by snpoirier1214

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [JTB] Not able to Acquire a Dataspike from Scoundrel Contact

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mission 2 of the Resistance Rank
What happens when the bug occurs? When I enter the Cantina to acquire a Dataspike from the Scoundrel Contact, the contact does not have the interaction option to ask for the Dataspike.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Scoundrel Contact to have the interaction option to ask for the Dataspike.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In hopes to fix the bug, I have tried leaving the world and reentering, traveling to another region and resetting the Scoundrel Contact. None of the options have worked. I have made sure that the person I am speaking to is the Scoundrel Contact and not just a Scoundrel member. I would like to not have to restart the game in order to fix the problem.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (22,405 Views)

Re: The Sims 4:Stars Wars - Not able to Acquire a Dataspike from Scoundrel Conta

Hero
@snpoirier1214 I'm not actually sure if there was an interaction.

Did you try buying supplies from Hondo ?

What was the exact phrasing of the task ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (22,322 Views)

Re: The Sims 4:Stars Wars - Not able to Acquire a Dataspike from Scoundrel Conta

★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue. I was already friends with Hondo when I tried this and was able to purchase a dataspike from him, that does not check off the task though. It needs to be done via a special transaction. My Sim is a scoundrel and I'm not sure if I used a transaction like that with Hondo earlier on during a scoundrel mission. I was not able to proceed with resistance missions with this Sim due to not getting the option to get a dataspike from Hondo. 

Message 3 of 17 (22,301 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem here. I have over a dozen of the things already, AND tried buying another from Hondo, but that doesn't check off the task and allow you to move forward. No conversation option to get one from the contact.

No mods or cc, and I have everything but the knitting pack.

Message 4 of 17 (22,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@alakurielle @snpoirier1214 @niiicole1 

First off. Hondo is not the contact. When you enter the Cantina it takes a little while for the contact to arrive. You can see who it is by hovering over those arriving it will say "Resistance Contact" and he or she will have an option to retrieve Dataspike.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 17 (22,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I like the other players are having this issue. We have the contact in the cantina but there is no option upon clicking on them to get the dataspike. 

Message 6 of 17 (22,051 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Not able to Acquire a Dataspike from Scoundrel Contact

★ Novice

I reset Hondo and the Scoundrel Contact populated the Retrieve Dataspike option. 

Message 7 of 17 (22,033 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to be Scoundrel Rank 1 for that option to appear, and since you can only have 1 mission at a time, I recommend you doing that first before accepting the resistance mission, or else you need to quit and start again after reaching Scoundrel 1. (Beating Hondo at Sabaac).

As an added bonus, it may not register you received the data spike until you travel to a new neighborhood.

Message 8 of 17 (21,747 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@tjtank1 

That is not true. Please see my earlier answer on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 17 (21,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@jpkarlsen  All you said was that Holdo wasn’t the contact.

I was not able to get the data spike option from the contact until I quit the mission and started the Scoundrel 1 mission and became Scoundrel Rank 1.

It is possible the act of quitting and trying again is all that was needed, but your answer does not do anything to help those who are experiencing the error and do not have the option to acquire the data spike from the contact 

Message 10 of 17 (21,717 Views)