Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Lightsaber duel between Sims outside household not possible

by onemorekayaker

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I have multiple household of played sims who have lightsabers in their inventories, however they are unable to spar or duel with anyone outside of their own household. Since they are played sims I know for a fact they DO have lightsabers in their inventories.

Message 11 of 15 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

First of all I use a translator. My English is more than bad.
I have seen by chance that here some are looking for a mod that fixes the problem. I have such a mod.
Just look at my blog: https://sems-own-world.blogspot.com/2021/03/lichtschwert-kampf.html 

Message 12 of 15 (642 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Lightsaber duel between Sims outside household not possi

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I didn’t post a link because I suspected it to break with the forum policy. 

And I’ve since also disabled and removed both my Twitter and Patreon since I lost interest in TS4.

Mod should still be available on SimFileShare where it was uploaded, but I guess thats kinda hard to find without the link. Luckily, the tweak posted above here does the trick!! Standard smile 

At least, I provided as much info as I could about the «issue» before disappearing. 

If there are any questions I get notified on email if I recieve a message, so feel free! 

Message 13 of 15 (554 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JTB] Lightsaber duel between Sims outside household not possi

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

It sees that we can now have lightsaber duels with Sims outside the current household. I'm assuming this only applies to our own Sims that actually have lightsabers in their inventory.

These are both my played Sims and I know that the visiting Sim has a lightsaber. 

Adding: This doesn't seem to work 100% the time. It does seem to always work if a Sim in the active household gives the other Sim a lightsaber as a gift before dueling. Will have to play around with this some more.

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.17.02 PM.jpg

08-22-21_1_19_20 PM.jpg

Message 14 of 15 (475 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except MWS or DHD, all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give one household a lightsaber. Switch to a different household, and give them a lightsaber as well. Invite the first household over and try challenging them to a lightsaber duel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Button is greyed out
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to be able to do lightsaber combat with another sim that has a lightsaber in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is a bit of a weird bug, and definitely a downer when attempting to put together a Star Wars save with Jedi and Sith in it. I will be testing out the modfix linked above (tho hopefully that can make it into the Hero Approved Fixes list, it was a bit of a struggle to find that link.)

There's also a separate issue where if you display a lightsaber in your home, every time you leave the lot it ends up in your household inventory. So I'm thinking the coding around lightsabers as a whole is a bit wonky.

Message 15 of 15 (314 Views)