Re: [OPEN] [JTB] Droid loops on Distraction Procedure

by iamsweetmystery

Original Post

★★★ Guide

Had this problem today on PS4. The R-Unit Droid wouldn't stop sparking and smoking. When I put it in my inventory, I couldn't place it back in-world. The inventory icon was different too. Instead of the full droid, it was the top-half NPC icon. I had to sell it and buy a new one.

Message 11 of 13 (339 Views)

★★★ Guide

I found a workaround:

After the LE, go into CAS from the Sim Info panel Likes and Dislikes pane. Don't make any changes, just check out so the lot will reload. The droid will be responsive again.

Message 12 of 13 (186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, I can verify that this is still happening and it also seems to happen with the "Engage wait protocol" command. It's just that this loop on the distraction procedure is much easier to actually notice.

It looks like the routing command just loops and loops. I'm able to do the "swipe while distracted" action pretty much indefinitely, because sims in the area keep getting distracted over and over.

Edit: after playing around with this, it looks like the game doesn't seem to realize that the droid has already arrived at the locations its supposed to be at, and any time you move the droid to a new location (even deactivating it and picking it up) it'll try moving back to where it was instructed to go. This happens with both the "Distract here" and "Wait here" commands.

When I test with mods active, MCCC provides this in the last exception error summary:

• Last Module Called: __init__.py
  • Last Function Called: __getattr__
  • Error message: [tastle] Exception thrown while processing navmesh update callbacks. Eating this exception to prevent the alarm from self-destructing. (AttributeError: 'object_terrain' object has no attribute 'is_on_location_changed_callback_registered'), CategoryID: __init__:202
  • Last Module Called: __init__.py
  • Last Function Called: __getattr__
  • Error message: Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'object_terrain' object has no attribute 'is_on_location_changed_callback_registered'), CategoryID: __init__:202
Message 13 of 13 (110 Views)