by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[OPEN] [JA] Sims autonomously drinking Faraday Fizz

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 160.54.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a can of Faraday Fizz at the Market in Salvadorado.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim drinks Faraday Fizz autonomously making it unavailable when needed.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to leave it in their inventory until directed to drink it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When we got DU, I thought the Faraday Fizz would be helpful with the constant electrocutions from working at the Robotics Station. And it is. However it's impossible to keep in my Sims inventory because they autonomously drink it. If I add it to the fridge, visitors drink it as well. Even Grim grabs a can after he's done reaping. This is not a new issue, it's been this way since the release of JA, but it's a lot more noticeable now that DU has increased its potential uses.

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 6.53.43 PM.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 5 (1,199 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously drinking Faraday Fizz

Hero (Retired)

It's like this on PS4 also. I am constantly watching my Faraday Fizz just be sipped on like it's a regular drink. I've also seen the same as you with it being in the fridge. Neighbors and visitors and household members will just casually grab it like they should drink it. 

The Sims™ 4_20200101213201.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191214184858.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (1,180 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously drinking Faraday Fizz

Hero

@DizzyDee-K @PoptartJuniper   I haven't noticed that with DU.  Simply because I never have any since it never survives long enough to bring home from vacation in Selvadoada.  My sims consume it almost immediately if it is in their inventory regardless of their hunger motive level.  And I can't stop it no matter what I do.  By the time I try to cancel, it's gone.  I usually have some type of party involving a meal in the intervals between temple excursions and if they already haven't drunk it, they will then.  So I just gave up trying.  Absolutely frustrating because there is never any when you need it because they keep drinking autonomously.  This has been going on before the thirst thing showed up too so it's not a new thing but it might be worse now since the hidden thirst motive was added.  But I can't really tell if it is since I never have any.

Message 3 of 5 (1,160 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JA] Sims autonomously drinking Faraday Fizz

★★★★ Apprentice

Ugh, I'm just now noticing this.  And it really screws with my ability to explore the temples.  I noticed my sim drank 5 faraday fizzes in quick session while I had her tasked to authenicate a skull.

Message 4 of 5 (870 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JA] Sims autonomously drinking Faraday Fizz

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This issue also happens with the "specter sip" in the paranormal pack. Even vampire sims autonomously drink special beverages, despite the fact that they normally don't drink anything at all.

Message 5 of 5 (730 Views)