Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JA] [S] Shower In Rain: No Animation And Fills Bladder Need

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During Heavy Rain or other weather with rain strong enough to perform the "Shower in the Rain" interaction click on the ground outside and choose to perform that action.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim undresses but doesn't perform any of the washing animations that they should normally perform. And while the Hygiene Need fills up, so does the Bladder need, strangely.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should look like they're washing up, and not just standing stock-still. Also, I don't think the whole Bladder-filling thing was intended, I don't remember Shower in the Rain filling the Bladder Need back when Seasons was new.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre-Island Living Patch

Here's one of my Sims performing the "Shower in the Rain" interaction.

As you can see, she's standing completely still in a neutral position instead of looking like she's washing up.

Also her Bladder Need is rocketing up alongside her Hygiene Need, which seems to be unintended.

Message 1 of 19 (3,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shower in rain

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims can now Shower in the Rain… Jury is still out on Singing and Dancing.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

Going to mark this as fixed as I think this is the part that they did fix.

The bladder need still fills though but I don't know if that is on purpose

If you have issue with this and you don''t own the eco pack, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-Sims-can-t-shower-in-the-rain-No-Eco-Pack/td-p/9170889

If you still see this (except for the bladder filling), please make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (2,526 Views)

All Replies

Re: [S] Shower In Rain Plays No Animation And Fills Bladder Need

★★ Guide

Fwiw, I believe in this situation the sims are intended to be secretively relieving their bladder need.  Wink  This has been a thing with the Sims franchise since the beginning!

Hopefully, someone will be able to comment about the lack of washing-animations.  Standard smile

Message 2 of 19 (2,961 Views)

Hero
@Iyasenu I saw mine use it fine a few times. Does it happen in all worlds for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (2,951 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Okay, I tried it again during a Thunderstorm in San Myshuno and the animation played properly.
Maybe it was related to being in Selvadorada, I'll have to test there the next time it rains there.
I'll try to test during regular Heavy Rain outside of Selvadorada and during a Thunderstorm in Selvadorada to be sure.

@Tiarella4 Oh, wow xD
Well, if it's intended then that's fine.
It's just weird that they don't do it in normal showers, but maybe it's just one difference.
Message 4 of 19 (2,937 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Okie dokie, I did a little bit more testing.
In Selvadorada:
At the Cantina Bar: Shower In Rain Works
At the Belomesia Trailhead Park: Shower In Rain Works
At the Flirty Falls (Same place as my first picture): Shower In Rain Plays No Animation
Past The Flirty Falls Vine-Gate: Shower In Rain Plays No Animation
At the Ancient Temple: Shower In Rain Plays No Animation

It seems like anything past the Belomesia Trailhead's Vine-Gate (the first one you have to open up) causes Shower In The Rain to not play its animation.
Message 5 of 19 (2,930 Views)

Hero
@Iyasenu THanks for testing.

Do you also get the bladder need fill each time or was that a one time thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (2,910 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [JA] [S] Shower In Rain: No Animation And Fills Bladder Nee

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed the lack of animation during showering in the rain too, but for me it seems to be completely random. For example, I have had two sims shower in the rain at the same time and one did the animation while the other didn't. I have seen this happening at least in Willow Creek and San Myshuno, both during heavy rain and thunderstorm.

The issue has been present since the Island Living pre-patch, before it I never witnessed anything like this.

Message 7 of 19 (2,890 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Oh, yep the Bladder-filling was happening every time, even during the tests where the animation played successfully.

Unfortunately, I can't recall if it's always been like that since Seasons was a thing, since I'd mostly played Vampires who don't have that Need.
Message 8 of 19 (2,862 Views)

Hero
added this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (2,828 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] [S] Shower In Rain: No Animation And Fills Bladder Need

★★★ Guide

This is happening in Glimmerbrook too!

Message 10 of 19 (2,750 Views)