by SimlishPopstar

Original Post

[OPEN] [JA] [CAS] Glitched arm with male top

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Equip the shirt on a male sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The the sims left arm becomes badly textured
What do you expect to see? The shirt without the badly textured left arm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm unsure if there's more issues with this top piece for male sims but it makes one of the arms badly textured and can look ugly.
Its on the inside of the arm, its easier to see when the sim is posing or if you look at them from behind in  cas.

The issue occurs on masculine and feminine frames.

It also happens on all swatches, I've tested with and without mods and cache clear etc. Its an issue with the CAS item.

Message 1 of 11 (1,409 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Bad CAS item Jungle Adventure

★★★★ Guide
Are you sure you're not using a default skin replacement? Perhaps the top simply doesn't work well with it.
Message 2 of 11 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I already said it happens with and without mods. Quite sadly.
I completely removed my mods folder and such and cleared cache and even ran a game repair, its not the first time I've seen a bad CAS part sadly.

You can test it yourself too perhaps? Its on the left arm and it can be a bit easy to miss at first since its on the closed side of the arm, but in photos and gameplay its pretty easily noticeable.

But sadly its not my mods, its definitely an issue in the game, the part was made with a mistake or an update messed it up.

Message 3 of 11 (1,349 Views)

Hero
I can't see this on the Sim I'm testing with. Maybe it has something to do with the body mass.

Could you upload your Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just loaded CAS with any random sim (the ones it generates) they all seem to have it, even different body types etc.

It may be most noticeable on a sim with max muscle however, but I definitely see it on the other body types.
I can still upload my sim however if you want to try that. Well I did, its called "Broken" so you can see just in case.

One thing I noticed though is that in general its actually quite hard to spot when you're in CAS. That and I don't think its a texture, I think the part of the body when the shirt is on doesn't recieve lighting properly? Which is why it must be more noticeable in game play with there's a bit more variation with light.

I've ran two game repairs since I noticed this issue with the shirt and in both times I still see the issue with and without mods so I find it really odd in general, but I think it is something to do with the way the part receives light now rather than just a texture which is what I thought it was initially. Could be both but something is definitely wrong with it in my game.

Just in case if you can have a try again in game play too if you haven't? If its an issue only I'm having I find it odd after two game repairs that it hasn't fixed. It may just be a case of being hard to notice?

But thank you!

Message 5 of 11 (1,265 Views)

Hero
I tested in game actually.

But as it's subtle, I might just not see it.

Maybe someone else could test too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hopefully someone else can also take a look, I find it odd, I hope its just that its subtle because if its something more I am sincerely confused very confused, thank you for trying to check it out too!

Message 7 of 11 (1,223 Views)

Tested, I see it too! 

It's better to go in game and use tab to really get in there. This is on a GeForce GTX 1050, In game settings on 'High'. Uncompressed Sim Textures and Post Processing Effects on.

09-11-18_2-18-13 PM.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 11 (1,188 Views)

Hero
Thanks for testing Phantom. I'll add this on the next round then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank goodness someone else found it! 
Thank you so much!
In screenshots this always bugged me!

Crinrict, by next round do you mean that thread that holds lists of broken CAS items? If so may I ask is there a particular start date to that and such?

Message 10 of 11 (1,157 Views)