by daisymama5

Original Post

[OPEN] [JA] Artifacts Become Poor Quality on Transfer to a New House

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save a room with artifacts to the library and then place it into a new house OR Add artifacts to household inventory and move Sims to a new house
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing a room with artifacts from the library, the artifacts all show up as poor quality and their value has decreased accordingly. When moving my Sims to a new house and placing the artifacts from their household inventory, they retain their value but show up as poor quality.
What do you expect to see? Expect to see artifacts retain their quality and value when moved into a new house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims are finally moving to a new house! I saved my "treasure room" to my library so that I could just place it into the new house rather than having to recreate it.

When I did that, all of the artifacts showed up as poor quality, and their prices had all decreased from ~$950 to ~$250.

Next, I moved my Sims and just kept all of their furniture, so I could get the artifacts from their household inventory rather than from the library.

When I did that, all of the artifacts seem to have kept their value, but they all say poor quality.

I don't plan on selling the artifacts, so it's not a huge deal, but it's disappointing to see them all displaying as poor quality. Two generations of Sims found, uncovered, and authenticated all those artifacts, and their hard work isn't being properly honored! Standard smile 

Message 1 of 8 (2,263 Views)

Re: Artifacts Become Poor Quality When Transferred to a New House

Champion
As a workaround, have you tried dragging the artifacts into the inventory of the sims? If they change quality or value while being carried to the new house, then something really is wrong.
Message 2 of 8 (2,223 Views)

★★ Novice

When I manually dragged the artifact to my inventory and then moved to a new house, they retained their quality. HOWEVER, if I go back to an old save where I can still do that, then I lose a lot of outfits, etc. that my daughter and I spent a long time working on. Frown

When I moved and chose "keep furniture" and let the game move the artifacts to my inventory, then they lost their quality after being carried to the new house.

If I save the room to the library and then place it in the new house, they lose both quality AND value.

That workaround solves it if used ahead of time ... but it's too late for me unless I want to lose a lot of progress. Dang it.

Message 3 of 8 (2,210 Views)

★ Pro

Same thing. Moved to a new apartment and artifacts became poor quality. Also noticed that un-authenticated artifacts revealed their quality. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,201 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,162 Views)

Artifacts Downgraded

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move to Sulani
What happens when the bug occurs? The excellent artifacts my sim collected during her vacations were downgraded to poor quality when she moved to Sulani. It took many trips, lots of digging and countless hours of appraising to get a full collection of excellent artifacts!
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this bug fixed! Excellent quality artifacts should not lose their quality rating just because a sim moved. Especially from excellent to poor quality. She had never moved before, so not sure if specific to Sulani or just moving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My city sim decided to move to Sulani.  She's a collector and new things to collect were available on Sulani.  After moving, her artifact collection was downgraded to poor.  She had a full collection of excellent quality artifacts and now they are worthless.  Not sure if just moving caused it or if it is specific to Sulani.

Removed all mods and problem still there.  Have not tried moving somewhere else, just the islands. So, I guess for now, my sim will remain a city sim with an excellent artifact collection.  Maybe one of her kids will be a collector and can finish the collection.  Sigh.

Message 6 of 8 (2,088 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Artifacts Become Poor Quality on Transfer to a New House

★★★ Apprentice

Confirmed. Impossible to save an excellent collection of artifacts, quality degrades after reloading from the gallery.

Message 7 of 8 (1,931 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Artifacts Become Poor Quality on Transfer to a New House

★★★★★ Guide

The quality and value of certain items is calculated when that item enters the game. This includes books, paintings and artifacts among others. These values are connected to the sim who makes or finds the unauthenticated object. Skill levels, fame, career level, traits and possibly other statistics are used plus a random modifier. This means that if an item is imported via the gallery, library or the debug menu, or even if it's left in the household inventory when moving (which is an oversight I believe), all multipliers are set to 0 as there's no sim attached to the item. Only base values will apply. This is not a bug, this is how these items were designed to work in the game.

As a workaround when moving, it is important that all those items are placed in a sim's personal inventory, NOT the household inventory. This should prevent item degradation.

Message 8 of 8 (1,899 Views)