Re: Sims no longer own their furniture after moving household

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I updated with this week's patch and am experiencing the issue.

For me I moved the sim in with a spouse after the wedding. There was no keep/ sell furniture issue because she left other people in the old house. She cannot buy books from the bookshelves but can drag dirty dishes into the sink etc. The books she wrote at her previous house, now on a community lot, aren't counted as hers, neither is any of the furniture in her old home. In her new home she can use the beds etc. as if she belongs there but just not buy books (she is able to open bookshelf) or move things into her inventory besides books written and other things found/ created since she got there.

Message 40 of 69 (1,371 Views)

EA Sims Team

@InfernalBlaise

• Are you using mods?  If so, are you still seeing this when mods are removed?
  • Did you move the Sim before or after the Nov 7 patch?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 69 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Novice

No mods. Re. expansions etc. I have Outdoor retreat, Cool kitchen stuff and Spooky stuff. 

It was a game started after the patch so the Sim was moved in afterwards.

Message 42 of 69 (1,518 Views)

EA Sims Team

@InfernalBlaise

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 69 (1,503 Views)

★★★★ Pro

FYI, I originally reported on this problem, though had found a work around was to put the items I found would be affected in my sims' household inventory as opposed to taking them with the 'keep furniture' option.  I finally was in a position to have a sim family move and I can report that the items that I found lost ownership in the past now seem fully functional even if I move and select the option 'keep furniture'.  This family had the following items that I used to find were affected in the past were a fridge, bookcase, toy box and computer; after this move they were all fully functional and I could drag things in and out of the relevant items and could order everything on the computer.  

(FYI, my game is fully updated, I have all the packs, am on Windows 10, even did a factory reset on my game due to other issues, before that repaired after each update & adding C&D as well as regularly clear my game cache, and no mods at the moment as I took my only mod, MCC, out before the Nov 7 patch).

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 44 of 69 (1,484 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I wish it was just the fridge and food, but it's practically all my collectibles. I moved houses and my sims lost ownership of like 80% to 90% of them. It's very annoying as I would like to move them around but I can't, and have to go into build mode to do it. I have no cc, no mods, I'm all updated on the game, operating system, and drivers. I've repaired a million times, and I deleted my Sims 4 directory (moved it to the desktop) then copied only the files/folders a staff member on the Sims 4 forum told me back into the new Sims 4 folder that was created and it didn't help any.

Here is a link to a video clip https://i.gyazo.com/81f28600bbdcf74eee40581f203ae6c7.mp4 showing what I'm encountering when I try to move the collectibles and a screenshot of the items impacted.

The problem is that I moved twice and each time it got worse. I don't want to move again but if I do I suspect it may just get even worse and then I'll have to put everything back again in build mode. I also really don't want to leave this lot.

3bbc407f077a3633e0a6068c6c77d12c.jpg

Message 45 of 69 (1,452 Views)

Hero

HI @EmpathyHeals

could you share your save with QA as @SimQARobo requested above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 69 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I moved one of household to another lot, and when I open build mode in destination(new house) lot, some items are moved to "household inventory".

The problem is, when I place all items from "household inventory" to the house lot, and switch to live mode

all items are "you don't own this item" status.

Would you consider adding "Set ownership to active sim" to your game's debug option to fix those? (Shift + click's debug console)

Step to reproduce(IIRC);

1. Have a household living in a lot A.

2. While playing A's household, catch 1 frog and place it in the house.

3. Then, phone - Move household.

4. Move to other lot. Keep all furniture.

5. After moved to destination lot, open build mode and place the frog from household inventory.

6. Close the build mode to switch to live mode.

7. You can't drag the frog to inventory because you don't own it.

Message 47 of 69 (1,432 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can, but where exactly do I send it?

There is no email address or link to the Sims 4 Team in those instructions at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Am I missing something? It doesn't say where or with who to share them with, not for OneDrive which I was going to use (option 3), and not for the forum to paste it in (option 1).

I have my saved folder uploaded to my OneDrive account, and I am ready to share it, but I do not know who to share it with. Please advise.

Thank you!

Message 48 of 69 (1,397 Views)

Hero

Option 2 is easiest as they get it directly.

For Option 3, you can send Robo a PM with the link or post it here.

Option 1 is only for small files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 69 (1,386 Views)