This has started happening to me this week. No mods ever. Done the repair game and reload thing. We must be due an update, I get many issues, stop playing then we have an update and all is well in the world of sims again, except relationships, go to Uni... forget who your parents are...
Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 18.104.22.1680
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get To Work, Get Famous, Discover University, City Living, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to the Sylvan Woods. Gather gems and fish. Eat a garlic that had been in the inventory. Travel back home. Check inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The recently gathered gems and fish disappear and the eaten garlic reappears.
What do you expect to see? Items gathered in personal inventory to stay unless sold or moved by the player.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not used in months and made sure they were all removed, but that did not fix the issue.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, I noticed it today and had not updated recently.
Tagging this as needs input for now. Maybe someone can find any kind of pattern on when and how it happens.
Questions though (for everyone posting here)
- Do you play rotationally ? I save often, always before changing households.
- If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ? I dont do too many flea market things. This started happening after I got university
- What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ? Started with university but then I started noticing it happening with other stuff. Vacations can bring stuff home sometimes, sometimes not. But typically things disappear between travel. No items that are pack specific.
- Are you playing an kind of active career ? Doctor with one that regularly has items missing.
- Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ? University items to be sure when traveling to and from class. I have had missing bikes, laptops, books, and presentation boards which are the most maddening. I have mods to make the game more realistic so one is so my sims have menstrual cycles. I put a box of tampons in my sims inventory but they go missing every time my sim travels. I think the university expansion is more infuriating. Tempted to delete everything and reinstall all but Uni. It's so broken it should have been given out free, buyer beware.
I have another bug I'm working on involving house calls shutting down the doctors work day progress and have been taking mods out as trial and error. I'll post more info if I notice anything else missing.
3 weeks ago
Hi I have just noticed a problem myself. I have had no trouble with my collectable items, at least not that I have noticed. I have however had clues for making the strangerville dossier go missing if I leave the secret lab. Then return to it to look again. I also had a sim gain a lot of power sip from a university video gaming competition, I was very excited, I traveled to place it in my lot and boom. Missing.
I do not play rotationally. This is in my super sim save/family so it is a long running save and my sims have had a lot of things happen to them eg. become vampires, cured, become spellcasters, die multiple times.
This happened when leaving then returning to the strangerville secret lab for the strangerville clues, and traveling in general for the powersip.
my sim is currently in the military career.
the items I have missed are power sip, power sip chair, and power sip poster, also strangerville clues to form a dossier.