[FIXED] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Re: analyzing ocean samples may sometimes make personal inventory vanish.

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has started happening to me this week. No mods ever. Done the repair game and reload thing. We must be due an update, I get many issues, stop playing then we have an update and all is well in the world of sims again, except relationships, go to Uni... forget who your parents are...

Message 151 of 193 (1,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get To Work, Get Famous, Discover University, City Living, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to the Sylvan Woods. Gather gems and fish. Eat a garlic that had been in the inventory. Travel back home. Check inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The recently gathered gems and fish disappear and the eaten garlic reappears.
What do you expect to see? Items gathered in personal inventory to stay unless sold or moved by the player.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not used in months and made sure they were all removed, but that did not fix the issue.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, I noticed it today and had not updated recently.

Message 152 of 193 (1,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 153 of 193 (1,692 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Tagging this as needs input for now. Maybe someone can find any kind of pattern on when and how it happens.

Questions though (for everyone posting here)

• Do you play rotationally ? I save often, always before changing households.
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ? I dont do too many flea market things. This started happening after I got university 
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ? Started with university but then I started noticing it happening with other stuff. Vacations can bring stuff home sometimes, sometimes not. But typically things disappear between travel. No items that are pack specific.
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ? Doctor with one that regularly has items missing.
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ? University items to be sure when traveling to and from class. I have had missing bikes, laptops, books, and presentation boards which are the most maddening. I have mods to make the game more realistic so one is so my sims have menstrual cycles. I put a box of tampons in my sims inventory but they go missing every time my sim travels. I think the university expansion is more infuriating. Tempted to delete everything and reinstall all but Uni. It's so broken it should have been given out free, buyer beware.

I have another bug I'm working on involving house calls shutting down the doctors work day progress and have been taking mods out as trial and error. I'll post more info if I notice anything else missing. 

Message 154 of 193 (1,630 Views)

★ Guide

Hi I have just noticed a problem myself. I have had no trouble with my collectable items, at least not that I have noticed. I have however had clues for making the strangerville dossier go missing if I leave the secret lab. Then return to it to look again. I also had a sim gain a lot of power sip from a university video gaming competition, I was very excited, I traveled to place it in my lot and boom. Missing. 

I do not play rotationally. This is in my super sim save/family so it is a long running save and my sims have had a lot of things happen to them eg. become vampires, cured, become spellcasters, die multiple times. 

This happened when leaving then returning to the strangerville secret lab for the strangerville clues, and traveling in general for the powersip. 

my sim is currently in the military career.

the items I have missed are power sip, power sip chair, and power sip poster, also strangerville clues to form a dossier. 

Message 155 of 193 (1,527 Views)

My Sims inventory is missing since update.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansion packs All the game packs Stuff packs: Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen and Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look into your Sims inventory and see if anything is missing.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims inventory is gone.
What do you expect to see? My Sims inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the new update and Eco Lifestyle Expansion pack

So I played for 1 Sim day without taking a look at my inventory. The next day was Winterfest.  My sim received a carrot from Santa so I look into my inventory so I can sell the carrot and that's when I noticed everything I had in my inventory was gone. Wedding pictures, Selfies with friends, 3 urns and my sim daughter's birth certificate... a couple books my sim bought, blood packs and some harvested flowers, fruits and plants.

Most are replaceable except the urns, pictures and the birth certificate. Help!

Message 156 of 193 (1,435 Views)

Re: My Sims inventory is missing since update.

Hero
@MrsLothario Merging this with the main bug thread .

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 157 of 193 (1,430 Views)

Re: My Sims inventory is missing since update.

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issues since installing Eco Lifestyle. Tried removing mods (only UI cheats and MC Command) and its still happening. 

Message 158 of 193 (1,411 Views)

★ Guide

I had a similar issue:

When I had a sim joining another household many items in his inventory would disappear. I noticed it would happen only when I was playing with the other household and invited him to join the household. The problem would not happen if I was playing with the sim and make him ask to join the other household.

Message 159 of 193 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens here as well. Collected/harvested stuff from expansion packs/game packs just disappear. I had relics from Jungle Adventures and plants (harvested at Spice Festival) & spices (bought at Spice Festival) from City Living being erased, when the sim got home after the annoying loading screen, her inventory was empty.

Message 160 of 193 (1,275 Views)