Re: Item missing from inventory, including undeletable diploma

by DemonTyger83

Original Post

Re: My Sims inventory is missing since update.

★ Apprentice

This has started happening to me with Eco Lifystyle, specifically with items dug out of dumpsters on community lots. Any ingredients or vegetables I dig up will disappear if I don't plant or deal with the immediately.

Message 161 of 193 (1,837 Views)

Re: My Sims inventory is missing since update.

★★ Guide
I am having the same issue but I'm playing in a different world. I noticed it after my sims got back from a community lot. Random items would go missing but not all. Some photos they had just took went missing and they were some really good ones, too. smh A coconut disappeared and a few fish my sim caught disappeared.
Message 162 of 193 (1,820 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Novice

I've just discovered similarish issues but slightly different to the above. I find that if I'm moving something in or out of Sims inventory then this seems to remove another item from inventory completely they were going to use. So with my kid sim I moved a completed school project to his inventory but his homework he was due to do next completely disappeared. It also cancelled other pending actions. Then my adult sim was taking a drink out of inventory but me selling something else also made the drink disappear completely. Minor things at present but I'm worried about something more irreplaceable going missing. I am playing on a recovered save file as one of my sims died whilst I was off lot but I repaired the game as a sim wouldn't eat. 

Message 163 of 193 (1,781 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★★ Novice

I have many different things missing from my sims inventories.  Yes, I play multiple households in most of my saves.  Yes, I use mods.   I have the most recent version of the game 1.63 something something something.  I have the most current version of mccc in game as well after June 4, June 5, June 8th patch whichever the most recent one was.  During my normal gameplay I wanted my sim to collect many harvestables and fossils and collectables to pay for her own apartment when she became a young adult.  The story changed as time progressed and her boyfriend asked her to move into his household.  I checked her inventory fairly regularly since I have had this issue in the past in multi generation saves.  Now she had a ton of stuff collected (long lifespan) so things may have gone missing before she moved in with her boyfriend, but when I played his household and had him ask her to move in her inventory was practically wiped clean.  All harvestables were gone. All the fossils that she had opened.  All the my sims figured she had opened from time capsules.  All the rocks and crystals she had excavated.  She kept her frogs and honey (sticky stuff lol)  She did have her homework, until her parents asked her to move back home with them, then she lost that.  Funnily enough after purchasing homework from book case, the next day while gathering more harvestables for that sweet sweet first apartment, I got a message pop up that her homework was returned to her after she left it on another lot!

I wanted to re-create this event in a vanilla game play.  So i tried setting up multiple house holds in a save with only mccc.  No Luck.  Then I read the forums here and read a comment of someone else asking your main sim to join their household wiping their inventory.  So I went back to my vanilla save had a sim B (not main sim) meet and befriend my sim A (main Sim).  Sim B went home and called Sim A over to her house and asked her to join household.  Sim A's inventory was mostly wiped after she accepted the invitation.  Every harvestable gone.  Some paintings she bought and painted were there.  Blah Blah Blah.

I also moved Sim A out of several different household using her phone and into several different households many times over and her inventory stayed with her through all of those.  

So maybe the problem is in inviting your main sim into another active household?  Or using the interaction from the social pie menu?

Message 164 of 193 (1,747 Views)

Presentation Board still disappearing after June Patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try travelling with a presentation board in your inventory..
What happens when the bug occurs? The presentation board (and other stuff in your inventory) magically disappears..
What do you expect to see? Stuff staying where it's supposed to..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I said yes because supposedly the presentation board issue was fixed in June patch but obviously it still isn't (or only partially). So yes, the problem existed prior to this as well but since it's still around I didn't know whether this was a fail of the patch or a different issue..

When my sim signed up for the new semester she had her presentation board (I checked). She must have lost it after that while travelling (as they do all the time). Prior to the patch the first thing I'd do is put the presentation board somewhere on my lot and activate it from there to give the presentation to prevent my sim from travelling with it. That kinda helps unless you forget or think it's fixed and it turns out it isn't.

Seriously, couldn't you just add an option to rebuy it whenever it disappears like for the various homework books? Noone would complain about this if you could just replace it. Preferably somewhere that works also off campus like order it through a PC or bookshelf or something. I do know you can still pass the semester by studying for the course but that is just not the same plus having to study for 3 instead of 2 courses is quite a lot of extra effort, especially with the long cooldown phase where you can't study in between. I'm kinda tempted to make myself a mod to reduce the length of that buff just so I can at least study for everything without having to wait half a day in between..

Message 165 of 193 (1,724 Views)

Re: Presentation Board still disappearing after June Patch

Hero
@cinnaluna Merging this with the general inventory items disappearing thread as you wrote it's not just the board.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 166 of 193 (1,692 Views)

Re: Presentation Board still disappearing after June Patch

★★★★★ Apprentice

if you put it in this context I want to make an addition, as I've had items disappearing for a long time. When the bug occurs is kind of haphazard. Some sims have it, some don't ever lose anything. Even for those who have it, it is not consistently happening. Stuff they've had in their inventory for a time is usually save. I feel it's more of a rollback of the most recent acquisitions (and sales!) I've had stuff I've sold before traveling pop up again in my inventory and instead lost newly acquired stuff. So it seems to mostly happen to new changes to the inventory that get a rollback to the state prior to the last travel.

Another thing I've noted is that not all ways of travelling affect it the same. I can't say for 100% sure but I feel like it is less likely to happen if you travel via mobile phone than by clicking on a lot or home button on your sim. I started to always use active travel to go back home or click an active sime at home and change back that way. Doesn't completely avoid it but it's better that way. Automatic traveling into a rabbithole like school or such seems to be the worst. But I'd have to delve further into this to be able to give you more accurate data.

Mostly, I just deal with it by always putting new stuff in my household instead of keeping it in the inventory, especially expensive stuff like cameras or course books for university. Since eco lifestyle I just scrap anything I don't really need and keep my inventory as small as possible.

The only point really where it bothers are the presentation boards as there is still no way to replace them. So having an option on PC or bookshelf to rebuy them like you can do with the homework books would be SO SO helpful.

Message 167 of 193 (1,654 Views)

Item missing from inventory, including undeletable diploma

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion pack: everything except Eco lifestyle and Cats & Dogs Game pack: everything except Parenthood Stuff pack: Laundry day, Fitness stuff, Bowling night, Vintage glamour, Backyard, Romantic garden, Movie hangout, Cool kitchen, Perfect patio, Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure about that
What happens when the bug occurs? The items in my sim's inventory disappeared, including my diploma and potions.
What do you expect to see? My inventory item stay there unless I dispose it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was just doing normal daily things like going to work and travel to different place to fulfill whims and holiday goal. And suddenly, I found all the potions I had from learning the potion from the sage are gone, with it are my broom and diploma. I tried repair but items are still missing and I already saved the game before I found out my items are missing. Was trying to enroll in university again but says I already finished that program. Really want my diploma back so my sim can hang it on the wall.

Message 168 of 193 (1,555 Views)

Hero
@Cerealuna Merged this with the general item disappearing thread but maybe you have a different issue.

1. Does everything you newly add since saving the game disappear when you travel ?
2. Do you have any lastExcpetion files you could attach (as rar file or c/p) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 169 of 193 (1,517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Cerealuna I'm having the same issue as well. I've got everything except Eco Lifestyle. I also do not use mods or CC.

It seems to come and go for me. But it started just after the inventory update. It's interesting because sometimes I'll pick something up from a community lot or work. Travel home. And it's gone. Leave the lot, it's back. And vise versa. Other times it's just gone. I don't think there's any one specific thing that causes this to occur. It just does.

The house I'm playing currently (I have multiple active homes), he's a scientist created something at work. Put it in his inventory. Gone. Went back to work. Still gone. He also lost his knitting basket. Frown
Message 170 of 193 (1,474 Views)