Re: Harvestables Vanishing from Inventory still

by YayRee

Original Post

Re: Collectibles disappear from inventory after traveling

Hero
@johanne101 Merging this with the general inventory loosing thread.

Could you please provide your save game to QA ?

Also to upload a LE, you need to either create a .rar file and upload that or you need to just c/p the content in spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 193 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jYBky6tHHGeiDoVFbUZqHEb-8x0bPDg4

I've shared the file here through google drive, that should work, right? 

I'm not sure how easy the problem is to reproduce though. It doesn't happen every time. At the most current point in the save my sim was able to travel 3 times with newfound collectibles, and none of them were lost. 

I also stopped getting the uni organization-related last exceptions yesterday. (maybe they are related...) but I have a lastexception file from before a folder refresh- I got the same error a while after the folder refresh as well, the same one every time I traveled. I hope the .rar file is willing to upload.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 132 of 193 (1,183 Views)

Hero
@johanne101 I'll make sure QA sees this. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 133 of 193 (1,175 Views)

Harvestables Vanishing from Inventory still

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Collect harvestables or collectables then go back home through a loading screen
What happens when the bug occurs? Any harvestables/collectables my sim gathers disappear from their inventory when my sim comes back to the home lot.
What do you expect to see? The harvestables/collectables still in my sims inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time my sim is off the home lot through a load screen, collects collectables then goes back home everything she collects disappears. There's only one time It didn't happen and I'm not sure why.

I took out my mods and tried a clean save and it still did it.

Message 134 of 193 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Expert
@YayRee The Dec. 12 game patch definitely fixed this bug in my game. Is it possible the patch did not install correctly for you? Have you tried repairing your game through Origin?
Message 135 of 193 (1,176 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did install the patch but I haven't repaired the game. I'll give that a try.

It's getting quite frustrating.

Message 136 of 193 (1,137 Views)

Hero
@YayRee As you say it's all collectibles, I merged your thread with the open thread on that. It does still seem to happen but it's usually everything and not just the stuff above normal as before.

Would you mind sharing your save with QA for this one ? Especially if it happens repeatingly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 137 of 193 (1,120 Views)

Sim's inventory resetting after load screen

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put items in Sim's inventory and then travel somewhere that requires a loading screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the loading screen, the inventory completely resets. Items that had been previously sold reappear. Items recently added disappear.
What do you expect to see? For the inventory to remain the same. This bug is making it impossible to complete work tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

____

Message 138 of 193 (1,111 Views)

Re: Sim's inventory resetting after load screen

Hero
@tadb511 Merged your post with existing thread on this

Could you please share your save with QA ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 139 of 193 (1,074 Views)

Re: Sim's inventory resetting after load screen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm currently in the process of recording a Rags to Riches series and I didn't notice this until today so it's a little strange.  Basically I recorded a segment 30 mins of me running around doing rags to riches stuff such as collecting collectibles, fishing, harvesting those kinds of things.  I had harvested pineapples, taro roots and something else it wasn't coconuts cause there were no coconut trees available for harvesting at the time but when I traveled to my sims parents house suddenly they weren't in my inventory but seemed to be replaced with something else.  I forgot what it was, it's on the video though I did see it on the video, today I will post at least half of the video I made today as well.  Still it is strange that I keep getting like bluebells and snapdragons every-time I travel and lose pineapples and other plants from Island living.  Makes no sense.  I'm going to try the repair game trick and see if that pans out or whatnot.

I am uploading them to Google Docs so hopefully I can give them to the team.. as soon as that upload finishes..

Message 140 of 193 (1,048 Views)