Re: [OPEN] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

by cooldood555

Original Post

Re: Items missing from personal inventory upon moving house

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick @SimQARobo Though I have not seen the scenario in the original post recently I am not certain it is totally gone. Sometimes my Sims have a lot of items in their personal inventory so it is difficult to notice when only a few things might go missing.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 71 of 193 (3,066 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

★★ Apprentice
thank you. i forgot
Message 72 of 193 (3,042 Views)

Re: analyzing ocean samples may sometimes make personal inventory vanish.

★ Guide

So far it’s only the conservationist canoe that seems to disappear, but it’s a bit pricey to keep replacing it. 

Message 73 of 193 (3,087 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Analyzing ocean samples make inventory vanish

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. My sims is also in the conservationist career and everytime I sell something through the inventory (like the conservationist research), other items from the inventory disappear aswell. I only get money for the item I meant to sell. So far I have lost several sets of earbuds, towels, jetskies, the conservationist boat and some shells. It happens randomly. Items dont't disappear on their own, but only when selling from the inventory or dragging things out. 

Message 74 of 193 (3,056 Views)

Sims inventory is cleaned out after every dive

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every major expansions and game pack, no stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to a diving spot with a sim, let them dive for treasure or shells, let them travel back to their home.
What happens when the bug occurs? After finding different shells and treasures during diving, they are still located in the sims' inventory for as long as they don't travel back to their home. If they do, my sims' inventory is cleaned out by the time they get back home so they can't display/sell the stuff they found. Picking up shells found at the beaches doesn't always work either (sims pick up some but no all).
What do you expect to see? Getting my treasures back home so my sims can sell/display them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 75 of 193 (3,031 Views)

Re: Sims inventory is cleaned out after every dive

Hero
@crinrictKanaide Hm, there's this issue that sounds similar but I didn't have any cleaned inventories on going on a dive.

- Does it happen every time or is it random ?
- Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 193 (3,007 Views)

Items going missing from personal inventory after swimming

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I've got all DLC and expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having something in your inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is swimming around a lot, and I often find items are going missing from his inventory...So far he's lost an Aquazip, two boats, and loads of shells and treasures. I'm not bothered about the shells and such but the boats and the aquazips are a bit much! They're not cheap to buy!
What do you expect to see? Item's not disappearing from his person inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's just started happening as soon as I've installed Island Living.

Every now and again, (more often than not) when my sim is swimming around he's loosing items from his personal inventory. At first he got that moodlet where they loose they're swimsuit but that doesn't seem to show them naked...but now he's not had that moodlet in a while and items are missing, I don't really know how you missplace a boat, I've looked all over the islands and they're not just left around the world.

Message 77 of 193 (2,984 Views)

Re: Items going missing from personal inventory after swimming

Hero

@Kanaide @FRANKIEDEATH @Saturn-Sublime 

Merged a few threads into existing post on inventory items going missing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 193 (2,972 Views)

★★ Guide

I've had this issue a couple of times a long time ago, but after I had Nalani join the household, it became more of a norm than a weird occasion once a year. 

So far her inventory has eaten two cameras, a lot of conservationist data, photos, seashells, etc. Sometimes after traveling her inventory produces stuff I didn't know she had, usually foul fish or such, stuff she dug up but that didn't show up. 99% of the time it happens when she travels, her inventory just empties completely, so I've gotten used to emptying her inventory into another sim before traveling, but just now she was analyzing waterfall samples, some of them kept exploding, like they do, but when the last one exploded, it wiped out her whole inventory again. Camera and the analyzed data, all gone. The other sims I've played since Island Living came out haven't had any issues, for some reason Nalani does.

Message 79 of 193 (3,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having an issue that's likely related to this; my Sim is losing stuff from his inventory, but not anything he's collected as far as I can tell; instead just his canoe and his whale floatie have repeatedly disappeared, each time I travel. I keep cheating money to buy them back, but it's still a pain. Collectibles might also be disappearing, but I sell them or do something else with them immediately after collecting them, so I wouldn't know.

I am not playing rotationally, nor an active career, though I do sometimes work from home. Each time I've noticed the missing items has been immediately after returning home after traveling to another lot – once for the Flea Market and a few times to other areas in Sulani. Interestingly, this did not occur when moving my entire household out from one lot and into to another, though they didn't have any collectibles or the water-related items I noted above in their inventories at the time.

FWIW I'm playing on Mac, the most recent update, and with all packs of all kinds, and the Sim I noticed the disappearing items on is a Conservationist.

Message 80 of 193 (3,011 Views)