Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs thru Jungle Adventure Except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gather and harvest collectables. Travel to work or another lot. Check personal inventory for items.
What happens when the bug occurs? Issue: Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing. Not in any other personal or family inventory.
What do you expect to see? Items gathered in personal inventory to stay unless sold or moved by the player.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My Sim (Cale - Adult) had collected crystals, fossils and a few plants. He had also collected and breed frogs including the Whirlyflower (§160) frog. I had saved and quit (two actions) and when I went back in last night Cale had a totally empty inventory. I looked in the inventory of the other two YA Sims as well as the household inventory and they were just gone. Not sure what triggered the issue. That was a save I had started a few days ago with a brand new Sim.
Steps you took for Issue to occur
Moved the Sims folder and started the game. Copied back the Options and save folder.
Started the game to generate a new folder.
Repaired the game and deleted the Cache (regular habits) and localthumbcache.package files.
Tried going back to an earlier version of the save.
*After each of the above steps Cale still had an empty inventory.
Saved the household to the gallery HeirsSpares G3 Bartlett
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/327724904B5E11E883DE589460A27704
This was before I realized there was an issue with the inventory.
Entire Sims 4 folder gutted and started a brand new game. Placed the family in Newcrest and gave them enough money to move into a pre-built home in Oasis Springs. Both Cale (Founder) and his son Lawrence (YA) collected random plants and had a couple fossils and frogs. They had traveled to work and back and to Oasis Springs gym. All the collectables vanished.

Edit:

Game Version 1.52.100.1020 18 June 2019

Additional reports of items missing after these activities
- Sea shell diving
- Analyzing Samples
- Swimming

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 193 (23,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

Hero

Sometimes items could disappear from your Sim's inventory after travelling. This should no longer happen. Where is my cup of coffee? Oh, okay, it is here…..

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 193 of 193 (12,142 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Items collected in personal inventory are disappearing

Champion (Retired)

*Running Windows 7 though I doubt that is a factor.
Decided to test the original version of Cale aka Never Fail Cale
Repaired game and started (yet another) new save with Cale to rule out any issue with that Sim in particular.
Wonder if the spouse (NPC) was somehow corrupt?
Will post back with any updates.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 193 (23,331 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I did have this issue with some items my Gen 1 sim collected from his jungle adventure. After his vacation, he visited the local cafe with a friend. When he returned home, I noticed the items missing. I repaired/cleared (etc. as per usual) but the items never returned. I've not seen this issue since though. Kind of sucked at the time, and I'm hoping it was a one-time glitch.
Message 3 of 193 (23,313 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@bookmaster325 wrote:
I did have this issue with some items my Gen 1 sim collected from his jungle adventure. After his vacation, he visited the local cafe with a friend. When he returned home, I noticed the items missing. I repaired/cleared (etc. as per usual) but the items never returned. I've not seen this issue since though. Kind of sucked at the time, and I'm hoping it was a one-time glitch.

I had a similar experience with Jungle Adventure  I had played thru the JA aspirations in two different saves. The third time thru I had items vanish. I had not taken any vacations in this save.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 4 of 193 (23,300 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thinking about what preceded this issue I looked at the release dates of JA and the patches afterwards.

The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure released 27 February 2018
Patches March 8th, March 20th and April 17th

That makes me wonder if one of the March patches may influence this issue?

Luckily (so far) it only seems to affect certain Sims? Or game situations?

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 5 of 193 (23,294 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Perhaps. I've not had it happen on such a scale as it did with that one sim so far (that I've noticed). Although, I've not had another opportunity to vacation in the jungle again with my sims (busy bees they are - lol). I've noticed homework or journals occasionally disappearing (not put away, etc. just gone), noted it was a weird glitch and replaced them. Timing does fit with the March / JA updates, as not recalling this happening in another save atm.
Message 6 of 193 (23,281 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrictI tested with the same Sim in a totally new save. So far after many Sim weeks I have not been able to duplicate this issue. Followed a different career and played with only this single Sim in the household. One thing I did differently in the previous saves when this occurred was to use CAS.fulleditmode cheat to edit family relationships. I rarely use that code and it seems to be a common factor in all the saves where I had this happen.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 193 (23,244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue - items disappearing from inventory.

Windows 10, playing in English.  I don't have Jungle Adventures.  I have never used CC or mods.  I haven't used any cheats in *this* save, though I have used it in different saves (because I also had the issue where saving a game overwrote a different game, I keep separate save folders for each of my sims/families/games).

My Sim was going around collecting stuff.  One day everything in his inventory disappeared except for the snow globes he'd bought at the flea market.  I repaired the game, but the issue was still there.  Before this issue, I've previously repaired, reset, and completely reinstalled the game trying to fix other bugs (I had the issue where the rocks weren't respawning - either reinstalling or some patch must have fixed that, cause now they're respawning again).  I think this may have started with the last patch - at least I didn't have the issue before then.

I restored the save to a previous save to get all that inventory stuff back (losing, of course, stuff he'd collected since, as well as his roommate's promotion).  I kept a closer eye on the inventory, and sure enough, some items were disappearing randomly.  He'd collect stuff, come home, and the stuff he'd just collected wasn't there.  Also, the elements he'd gotten from the geo council were gone.  The Collections (when you click on the icon in inventory) had them in there, but he no longer owned them.  The missing items are not in the household inventory or the other Sim's inventory or anything like that.

I don't know if related but the snow globes collection was all purchased in the flea market - I mean, my sim never bought a snow globe himself, just bought the whole collection all in one shot at one visit to the flea market - I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work.  Usually at the flea market I can buy a couple collectibles but not the whole collection.  Also, my Sim's roommate is a painter, and she's having the issue where if she leaves the lot, she can't Resume the painting - I have to put it in her inventory then put it back on the easel for her to be able to continue working on it.

Message 8 of 193 (23,100 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Tagging this as needs input for now. Maybe someone can find any kind of pattern on when and how it happens.

Questions though (for everyone posting here)

• Do you play rotationally ?
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ?
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ? 
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ?
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 193 (23,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:

Tagging this as needs input for now. Maybe someone can find any kind of pattern on when and how it happens.

Questions though (for everyone posting here)

• Do you play rotationally ?
  • If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family ?
  • What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ? 
  • Are you playing an kind of active career ?
  • Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ?

Q. Do you play rotationally ?
A. No only one household per save.
Q. If you do, did you have a flea market happening while you were playing another family?
A. N/A
Q. What were you doing when you noticed the stuff missing ? After a vacation in GF or S ? Did you travel with your Sim ?
A. No vacations taken. Sims usually stay at home lot unless going to work. (Not followed to work). Traveled to community or other residential lots before and after items missing.
Q. Are you playing an kind of active career ?
A. One save I played the Art Critic career. However he reached the top of the career and switched to Tech Guru. Items were not noticed missing until he had been in his new career and started a family.
Q. Which items (type) do go missing ? Only collectibles or other stuff ?
A. Primarily collectible items. At one point a personal diary and random repair parts.
Note: I used CAS.fulleditmode on the household specifically on the NPC that was added as Spouse.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 10 of 193 (23,007 Views)