Re: One build mode item has been removed

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Items Removed message - no items actually missing

★★★★★ Novice

I had this message pop up today when I loaded into a park in Windenburg. I had a quick look around, but could not find anything missing. The world was covered in snow, so it was hard to tell though. I didn't have this message anywhere else. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that item they said in the patch notes that they removed since it "wasn't really a door". 

Message 20 of 61 (3,026 Views)

Re: Pop up telling me they've removed object because i don't own the pack ????

★★ Novice

I own everything and I keep getting the same message, "items removed because you don't own, etc." and it's getting frustrating because I don't know what it's removing! Makes me not want to play and I've been playing since Sims 1 and this is the worst yet. Why can't they keep it working without all the glitches? Are you that incompetent with your programming? Devil

Message 21 of 61 (3,054 Views)

Re: Pop up telling me they've removed object because i don't own the pack ????

★ Apprentice
@Dzonna I agree. I've been playing since the Sims 1, too, and Sims 4 is the most annoying, both in constant glitches that ruin playability, and the lack of features.

FYI, this items removed issue isn't exclusive to PCs. I have a Macbook Pro and the game is doing the same thing. And no, I do not have and never have had any mods or CC.

I'm mainly only noticing with community lots. And I AM noticing things missing!

For example, my Sim went to visit Waterside Warble -- a lot that I've modified with EA-made objects, but that had everything required for a karaoke bar lot -- and I noticed that most of the seating was missing! Bar stools, couches, armchairs, etc. A few tables were missing too, and some decor, but I'm less certain on that...

Actually, while my sim was there, the missing seating was the most noticable, but the whole place looked pretty empty... BUT, when I left the lot, it had an exclamation mark above it denoting the missing stuff, so that's how I was able to tell that some chairs and dining tables were missing too.

So far, I've had this happen to three of my community lots that I've modified with EA-made stuff. It's really frustrating when you have all of the packs but it tells you things are missing AND removes them from lots that you've spent time revamping! Even if they fix this issue, that still means I'm going to need to go back into all of those lots and fix them again!

I hope this get this patched ASAP!
Message 22 of 61 (3,002 Views)

Re: Items removed

★★★ Novice

Hello,  I'm getting the 'Items Removed' message but don't really see that anything is missing in my Sim's house.  The message said "7 items were removed' and I'd not use CC items and repair my game in Origin everyday.  Can you tell which items are getting deleted so that I can know what to look for?

Thank you,

Silver

Message 23 of 61 (2,957 Views)

Hero
@SilverDaybreak I'm not sure anything gets removed really. It's a really strange message

I wouldn't worry.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 61 (2,924 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I've had this happen frequently since the Snowy Escape update came out. But I've largely ignored it since nothing seems to be missing. (It happened when I was playing "custom content and mod free" as well as after I put my CC back in. I still haven't put my mods back in.)

It's mostly annoying because it makes you wonder if there was a problem.
Message 25 of 61 (2,906 Views)

One build mode item has been removed

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, realm of magic, vampires, spa day, dine out, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, laundry day, bowling, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it doesn't seem like anyone else has reported it. I simply load my saved game and it gives this error message which can be clicked to dismiss.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon loading game and selecting the household I wish to play, there is an error message that gets displayed sometimes saying "One build mode item has been removed", and additional text that I couldn't quote from memory along the lines that perhaps the content was associated with a pack I no longer own(which can't be the case).
What do you expect to see? Not to receive a message saying anything was removed, since I haven't ever refunded anything nor used cc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch to fix the crashes from snowy escape, 1.68.156.1020

I haven't been able to find anything on this issue besides my recent necropost.  Sorry for that, I didn't think about it before posting, it just seemed to be the same problem.  For the record I don't think anything is actually being removed similar to that post.  I'm at a Komorebi residential lot, 6-4-1 Hanamigawa.  It's happened three times now.  It doesn't happen every time though.  I can't think of anything I did differently those times, just loaded up the game like I normally do and I'm only playing one household.  

Message 26 of 61 (2,954 Views)

★ Pro

I've been experiencing this for several weeks now.  Message but doesn't seem anything is missing.  There is a thread in the PC Technical Issues forum:

[CURRENT ISSUE] Items Removed message - no items actually missing - Answer HQ (ea.com)

As you read through it, you will see it is sometimes more than one item.  I'm baffled.  I have all released content installed in a mod/cc free game so there certainly shouldn't be any "unowned" items to delete.

Message 27 of 61 (2,937 Views)

★★★ Guide

the old thread was closed because it was from 2015. It's an issue that pops up now and then (literally), but it appears to only be the message and nothing else. I frequently get "8 build mode items have been removed" when travelling to a lot I haven't been to in a long time, but I've yet to notice anything go missing. Rather my household inventory is quickly filling up with stuff and I frequently have to clean out duplicates and non-special items.

Message 28 of 61 (2,914 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@dolldrms1  Ah, I see. Sorry I didn’t realize it was so widespread. I guess I wasn’t typing quite the right string of words to find it. 
@TheSteelRodent Yes, I understand why it was closed. The guru left an explanation lol. I only referenced it here, because it was the only thread I found with my search terms and felt it was the same thing regardless of age. I understand the decision though, it is rather old, but it was late and I didn’t really think about it. (:

Message 29 of 61 (2,892 Views)